Ex-Government Adviser Claims Cover-Up as RAF Prepares to Release Secret UFO Files
Article by Anna Savva March 12, 2020 (dailystar.co.uk)
• This spring, the Royal Air Force will declassify a cache of UFO sighting files into the public domain. The UK Government’s UFO unit closed in 2009 after more than 50 years, concluding that they had never received any hard evidence of a potential extraterrestrial threat. Rather than relegating these file to the UK’s National Archive, they will publish them on a dedicated government website.
• This comes after a recent survey found that 50% of Brits believe that extraterrestrials exist, and they expect an alien attack within the next 50 years. Of those who believe in aliens, 71% think that ET has already visited the Earth at some point. (see ExoArticle here)
• Nearly three quarters of British believers surveyed think that worldwide governments know more about extraterrestrial life than they’re letting on and are hiding it from the public. Former Ministry of Defence UFO investigator, Nick Pope, said, “I’m not surprised there’s such a high level of belief in a government cover-up. I know from first-hand experience that the authorities haven’t always been as forthcoming as they might have been about their level of interest in UFOs.”
• Pope went on to say that the high percentage of people who believe in the existence of intelligent aliens “… reflects a number of recent revelations, including the declassified videos of US Navy jets chasing UFOs, and the news that the UK government is about to release more of its UFO files.”
• The survey showed that more than two-thirds of Brit believers think that world government authorities should have a plan for our imminent ‘first contact’ with other intelligent life forms. Pope is calling on governments to take the matter seriously and enact contingency plans in the event of an alien invasion, “irrespective of whether they turn out to be hostile or friendly.”
The government is covering up the truth about UFO sightings, a leading former Ministry of Defence expert has claimed.
The Royal Air Force is set to declassify a cache of UFO sighting files this spring into the public domain.
The UK Government’s UFO unit closed in 2009 after concluding that in more than 50 years they had never received any hard evidence of a potential extraterrestrial threat.
A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: “It had been assessed that it would be better to publish these records, rather than continue sending documents to the National Archives, and so they are looking to put them onto a dedicated gov.uk web page.”
Ahead of the release, Nick Pope – who investigated UFOs for the MoD – has said the government should show greater transparency.
He said: “I’m not surprised there’s such a high level of belief in a government cover-up. I know from first-hand experience that the authorities haven’t always been as forthcoming as they might have been about their level of interest in UFOs.
“This survey shows high levels of interest and belief in UFOs and extra-terrestrial life.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.