by Mike Conley June 12, 2019 (mcdowellnews.com)
• On June 14th and 15th, Spruce Pine, North Carolina (in the mountains near Asheville) hosted its first Spruce Pine Alien Conference and Expo (SPACE). The free festival is expected to attract 10,000 visitors.
• The featured speaker is Mike Bara from the History Channel’s “Ancient Aliens” show. Bara has written a series of books about ancient aliens and their visits to Earth and the Moon, and has made numerous public appearances lecturing on the subjects of space science, NASA, physics, UFOs.
• Also scheduled were a number of panel discussions by local authors, researchers and alien experts. Residents and visitors can tell their own stories about close encounters with unidentified flying objects and strange events at an “open mic”. The weekend also included free concerts and trips to the Dark Sky Observatory at Mayland Community College, a “My Favorite Martian” costume contest, an “E.T.” Children’s Bike Race, and a “Beam Me Up to the Bar” pub crawl.
• Spruce Pine native, Jimmy Hinshaw is the creator and director of SPACE. Hinshaw learned that Mitchell County holds the quartz that is mined for use in telescopes and the space shuttle, including the Palomar Observatory and the Hubble Space Telescope. Also, Mitchell County has experienced more UFO sightings than any other county in North Carolina. So a UFO festival was a natural fit.
• Hinshaw thinks his SPACE event is about having an experience. “If you come dressed up as an alien, you are part of the experience. Having an experience is really important,” says Hinshaw. “Our mountain region is a really special place whether it is Bigfoot, UFOs or ghosts.” “Our mountains are so beautiful. I want to share them with the world and everyone in the galaxy.”
• [Editor’s Note] The Deep State-controlled scientific and academic communities keeps rolling out news releases asserting that there are fewer habitable planets, an even lesser chance of the existence of other intelligent extraterrestrial civilizations, and a zero chance of any alien beings coming to this planet. This is to discourage the public from believing in UFOs and to cover up the very real extraterrestrial presence around our world. Meanwhile, the percentage of the population who believes in UFOs and who welcome extraterrestrial beings to Earth continues to grow. The rise and popularity of UFO festivals is one example. Regardless of the Deep State’s agenda to conceal the presence of alien visitors, the general public seems to instinctively know that there is much more to this than the government is letting on.
Marion has the WNC Bigfoot Festival but now Spruce Pine will have its first alien expo.
On Friday and Saturday, the first ever Spruce Pine Alien Conference and Expo (SPACE) will beam down in downtown Spruce Pine. This multi-dimensional event is free to anyone interested in the unknown and is expected to bring 10,000 visitors from around the United States. The featured speaker will be Mike Bara from the History Channel’s “Ancient Aliens” show, according to a news release.
Bara is a New York Times bestselling author, lecturer and TV personality whose books have sold more than 70,000 copies worldwide. He has written a series of books about ancient aliens and their visits to Earth and the Moon. He has made numerous public appearances lecturing on the subjects of space science, NASA, physics, UFOs and the link between science and spirit, and has been a featured guest on radio programs like “Coast to Coast AM” with George Noory, according to the web site for SPACE.
Also, there will be a number of panel discussions by local authors, researchers and alien experts. During the day, residents and visitors will be allowed an “open mike” to tell their stories about close encounters with unidentified flying objects and strange events.
Events will run from 7 to 10 p.m. on Friday with include free concerts and trips to the Dark Sky Observatory at Mayland Community College. Events will run from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday.
For those that love to play the part, there will be a “My Favorite Martian” costume contest for the young and young at heart plus the exciting “E.T.” Children’s Bike Race. Included in the downtown area will be food vendors, comic and book authors and a spacious beer garden, according to the news release.
SPACE will feature a “Beam Me Up to the Bar” pub crawl along with cosplay or an alien costume contest for children and adults. You can come as a character from “Star Wars,” “Star Trek,” the Marvel universe or some other alien. There will also be the “Area 51” Inflatable kids park, according to the web site for the event.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.