UFO Lobbyists Are Trying to Get the Truth From Congress, and They’re Winning
Article by MJ Banias October 4, 2019 (vice.com)
• In 1996, Steven Bassett registered as Capitol Hill’s lone UFO lobbyist in Washington D.C. and founded the Paradigm Research Group. Registered lobbyist Teresa Tindal has recently joined Bassett in fighting for greater transparency about UFOs. They want nothing less than ‘full disclosure’ where the government admits to the extraterrestrial presence and the massive cover-up to hide the truth from the public. Says Bassett, “A significant percentage of all people on Capitol Hill are convinced there is an ET presence. They are just not able to speak to it publicly.”
• Tindal points out that polls show most people believe in ET life. “It is… the most powerful political initiative as it affects absolutely every aspect of life,” says Tindal. “[P]oliticians will be looking to control the issue.” There is even a Twitter hashtag #askthequestion that is meant to raise awareness of the disclosure process for the 2020 election.
• Bassett calls out the UFO lobbyist organization, ‘To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science’, headed by Tom DeLonge and Luis Elizondo as a limited disclosure effort, heeding certain conditions laid down by those still inside the government who are providing cover against those who would try to shut them down. Consequently, the ‘To The Stars’ team does not admit to the extraterrestrial presence. Obfuscating the existence of ET technology, Elizondo claims, “We simply don’t know at this point if non-human technology is even part of the equation.” DeLonge also publicly denies the extraterrestrial presence saying that humanity was visited by aliens in its distant past, and now all human culture is one big “cargo cult,” meaning that any ancient aliens are long gone.
• Another D.C. lobbyist is UFO researcher Chase Kloetzke who meets with lawmakers about “the phenomenon”. But she says that she can only get so far. UFOs are considered sensitive information. “It’s all classified. To be part of any discussion in D.C. about UAPs, you need a security clearance.” Says Kloetzke, “This topic is now in the hands of the Pentagon, military strategists and intelligence agencies.”
• But Kloetzke can confirm that the ‘To the Stars Academy’ is a key player in all of this, and that the Pentagon’s ‘Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program’, which studied UFOs until its purported termination in 2012, is “still in play.”
• Why is Kloetzke determined to lobby in D.C.? “I realized years ago that any kind of disclosure or confirmation will only be ‘official,’ if it comes from D.C.,” said Kloetzke. “We have unknown objects in our skies. Confirmed! … [W]e can now… start the process of public information.”
How do you make the government take UFOs seriously? With a UFO lobbyist, of course.
In December 2017, the New York Times wrote about a de-funded secret Pentagon UFO program called AATIP, and revealed that several Navy pilots in 2004 and 2015 engaged in bizarre encounters with anomalous aerial objects off the coast of California and Florida. Eventually, three videos of “unidentified aerial phenomena” were released and have since been confirmed by the Navy as real.
For years, Steven Bassett was Capitol Hill’s lone UFO lobbyist. He became a registered lobbyist in 1996 and set up an advocacy organization, the Paradigm Research Group
(PRG), which has the goal of using “all means possible to confront the United States government regarding its policy of a truth embargo on the events and evidence demonstrating an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race and the formal acknowledgment of that presence,” according to Bassett’s website.
“It’s not about UFOs. The term is a product of government propaganda in service to the truth embargo and no longer of value,” Bassett told Motherboard. “It’s about extraterrestrials and the Disclosure process.”
For those not fully immersed in Ufological culture, “Disclosure” is the total and final admission by the government that extraterrestrials are not only visiting Earth, but that there is a massive government cover-up to hide the truth from the public. The UFO community has even taken to Twitter to raise awareness of the Disclosure process for the 2020 election with the hashtag #askthequestion.
“A significant percentage of all people on Capitol Hill are convinced there is an ET presence. They are just not able to speak to it—publicly,” Bassett said.
Bassett’s PRG organization has recently hired Teresa Tindal, another registered lobbyist who is now also fighting for greater transparency about UFOs. Like Bassett, Tindal is convinced that extraterrestrials are visiting Earth and interacting with humans. She believes that the government is complicit in a massive cover-up.
“The cat’s out of the bag and politicians will be looking to control the issue,” Tindal told Motherboard. “It is, after all, the most powerful political initiative as it affects absolutely every aspect of life. Polls show most people believe in ET life.”
“We simply don’t know at this point if non-human technology is even part of the equation,” Elizondo stated. “It is a nonsensical assertion at this point in time because we simply need more data to even make that initial assessment.”
Elizondo’s boss, To the Star’s founder Tom DeLonge, has made his personal beliefs clear on the issue. In his book, Sekret Machines: Gods, co-written with Peter Levenda, DeLonge sums it all up by arguing that humanity was visited by aliens in its distant past, and that all human culture is one big “cargo cult.”
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.
Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, Capitol Hill, Chase Kloetzke, Luis Elizondo, paradigm research group, Pentagon, podcast, registered UFO lobbyist, Steven Bassett, Teresa Tindal, To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science, Tom Delonge, Washington D.C.