What happened here? A UAP? A flock of birds? Can’t current radar systems distinguish a flock of birds from other objects? Jet fighters were sent to find out.
On the morning of Tuesday, November 26, 2019 around 9AM an object was detected by Capitol Police and NORAD radars over restricted air space over Washington DC.
According to CNN, “Capitol police said it was a small moving blob of something.”
Thinking it might be a drone they went to look for it and found nothing.
The situation lasted for about 20-30 minutes. Visitors had to take refuge inside the locked-down Government building.
The North American Aerospace Defense Command twitted around 12.50 PM that:
“NORAD responded to an event in the Special Flight Rules Area surrounding Washington D.C. this morning. NORAD directed rotary-wing aircraft to investigate and the event was resolved without incident. The defense of Canada and the United States is NORAD’s top priority.”
The U.S. Northern Command twitted on November 26, 2019:
“Senior officials across the interagency are monitoring the situation on a national event conference call. NORAD Command aircraft are on-site and responding. Plane is not considered hostile at this time.”
Article by George Knapp November 4, 2019 (8newsnow.com)
• When former Nevada Senator Harry Reid was the Majority Leader, he was the go-to guy when it came to UFOs. When Bill Clinton was still president, Reid discussed UFOs with him during a White House visit. Reid told George Knapp that the truth behind UFOs was “something (Bill Clinton) was interested in”. In 2016, Hillary Clinton vowed to open up the Pentagon’s UFO files if elected. The Clintons still seek out Reid for his advice on UFOs.
• Reid had similar conversations with other national figures during his years in the Senate, including Senators Ted Stevens and Daniel Inouye, and former astronaut John Glenn. Knapp, a KLAS-TV Channel 8 reporter in Las Vegas (a CBS-affiliate), asked Reid what specifically John Glenn was interested in about UFOs. Reid said that Glenn remained tight-lipped about the subject, but he was “very interested”. “I didn’t want to push him,” said Reid.
• Bigelow Aerospace was the Nevada contractor who spearheaded Reid’s initial government sponsored UFO study. After that contract ended, Reid, along with Senators Stevens and Inouye appropriated funding for a scaled-down Pentagon UFO program in 2007 called Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, or AATIP. In 2010, Lue Elizondo became the point man for AATIP. Now the Pentagon denies that Elizondo ever worked there.
• UFO critics have pounced on the claim that Elizondo never worked for a Pentagon UFO project. Reid says he’s not surprised. Reid says that there is a fringe group who want to control the UFO narrative, the “so-called conspiratorial folks”. “They go online and try to belittle Elizondo and me and anybody else that is trying to (figure out the UFO stuff) in a scientific way,” says Reid. “Elizondo is a man with a great record serving our country and …he’s not backing off. And I appreciate that very much.”
• Although the Pentagon says AATIP ended in 2012, Reid is informed that the program is ongoing, with greater resources than it had before. And the US Navy has announced that it will encourage UFO encounter reports by pilots, indicating that the subject is no longer taboo. The ongoing wave of media interest has even convinced Reid’s most formidable skeptic – his wife who admitted, “[M]aybe you aren’t crazy after all.”
• [Editor’s Note] I’ll bet that the “conspiratorial folks” are even more nervous about how close Harry Reid is with Deep State toadies like Bill and Hillary Clinton.
LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Former Nevada Senator Harry Reid says he’s enthusiastic about reaction to a once-secret study of UFOs that Reid and congressional colleagues authorized more than a decade ago.
The last two years have seen an explosion of interest in UFOs among mainstream media, but there’s been push back from conspiracy enthusiasts, and some military officials.
When Bill and Hillary Clinton came to Las Vegas in May to speak to a large audience on the Las Vegas Strip, their first stop was the Henderson home of former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. It’s the same path followed by many Democratic politicians and presidential candidates who visit Nevada, seeking guidance from the retired, but still-crafty senator.
Reid and the Clinton”s share an interest in a controversial subject — UFOs. As a presidential candidate in 2016, Hillary Clinton vowed to open up the Pentagon’s UFO files. And when Bill Clinton was still president, Reid asked him about UFOs during one White House visit.
George Knapp: “You discussed it with Bill Clinton. Don’t know if we can talk about this?”
Harry Reid: “Yeah, yeah Bill is, one thing about President Clinton, no one ever said he wasn’t smart. He was and is an extremely intelligent man, and this is something he was interested in.”
Reid was cagey about whether the Clintons discussed UFOs during their recent visit, but told us the subject is definitely on the agenda for their next get together. Reid had similar conversations with other national figures during his years in the senate, including Senators Ted Stevens and Daniel Inouye, who lent their support to the creation of a secret Pentagon study of UFOs, as well as senator and former astronaut John Glenn.
Knapp: “Did he ever give you specifics about why?”
Reid: “Nope, nope, but he, I didn’t want to push him, but he was very interested.”
]FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.
• In 1996, Steven Bassett registered as Capitol Hill’s lone UFO lobbyist in Washington D.C. and founded the Paradigm Research Group. Registered lobbyist Teresa Tindal has recently joined Bassett in fighting for greater transparency about UFOs. They want nothing less than ‘full disclosure’ where the government admits to the extraterrestrial presence and the massive cover-up to hide the truth from the public. Says Bassett, “A significant percentage of all people on Capitol Hill are convinced there is an ET presence. They are just not able to speak to it publicly.”
• Tindal points out that polls show most people believe in ET life. “It is… the most powerful political initiative as it affects absolutely every aspect of life,” says Tindal. “[P]oliticians will be looking to control the issue.” There is even a Twitter hashtag #askthequestion that is meant to raise awareness of the disclosure process for the 2020 election.
• Bassett calls out the UFO lobbyist organization, ‘To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science’, headed by Tom DeLonge and Luis Elizondo as a limited disclosure effort, heeding certain conditions laid down by those still inside the government who are providing cover against those who would try to shut them down. Consequently, the ‘To The Stars’ team does not admit to the extraterrestrial presence. Obfuscating the existence of ET technology, Elizondo claims, “We simply don’t know at this point if non-human technology is even part of the equation.” DeLonge also publicly denies the extraterrestrial presence saying that humanity was visited by aliens in its distant past, and now all human culture is one big “cargo cult,” meaning that any ancient aliens are long gone.
• Another D.C. lobbyist is UFO researcher Chase Kloetzke who meets with lawmakers about “the phenomenon”. But she says that she can only get so far. UFOs are considered sensitive information. “It’s all classified. To be part of any discussion in D.C. about UAPs, you need a security clearance.” Says Kloetzke, “This topic is now in the hands of the Pentagon, military strategists and intelligence agencies.”
• But Kloetzke can confirm that the ‘To the Stars Academy’ is a key player in all of this, and that the Pentagon’s ‘Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program’, which studied UFOs until its purported termination in 2012, is “still in play.”
• Why is Kloetzke determined to lobby in D.C.? “I realized years ago that any kind of disclosure or confirmation will only be ‘official,’ if it comes from D.C.,” said Kloetzke. “We have unknown objects in our skies. Confirmed! … [W]e can now… start the process of public information.”
How do you make the government take UFOs seriously? With a UFO lobbyist, of course.
In December 2017, the New York Times wrote about a de-funded secret Pentagon UFO program called AATIP, and revealed that several Navy pilots in 2004 and 2015 engaged in bizarre encounters with anomalous aerial objects off the coast of California and Florida. Eventually, three videos of “unidentified aerial phenomena” were released and have since been confirmed by the Navy as real.
For years, Steven Bassett was Capitol Hill’s lone UFO lobbyist. He became a registered lobbyist in 1996 and set up an advocacy organization, the Paradigm Research Group
(PRG), which has the goal of using “all means possible to confront the United States government regarding its policy of a truth embargo on the events and evidence demonstrating an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race and the formal acknowledgment of that presence,” according to Bassett’s website.
“It’s not about UFOs. The term is a product of government propaganda in service to the truth embargo and no longer of value,” Bassett told Motherboard. “It’s about extraterrestrials and the Disclosure process.”
For those not fully immersed in Ufological culture, “Disclosure” is the total and final admission by the government that extraterrestrials are not only visiting Earth, but that there is a massive government cover-up to hide the truth from the public. The UFO community has even taken to Twitter to raise awareness of the Disclosure process for the 2020 election with the hashtag #askthequestion.
“A significant percentage of all people on Capitol Hill are convinced there is an ET presence. They are just not able to speak to it—publicly,” Bassett said.
Bassett’s PRG organization has recently hired Teresa Tindal, another registered lobbyist who is now also fighting for greater transparency about UFOs. Like Bassett, Tindal is convinced that extraterrestrials are visiting Earth and interacting with humans. She believes that the government is complicit in a massive cover-up.
“The cat’s out of the bag and politicians will be looking to control the issue,” Tindal told Motherboard. “It is, after all, the most powerful political initiative as it affects absolutely every aspect of life. Polls show most people believe in ET life.”
“We simply don’t know at this point if non-human technology is even part of the equation,” Elizondo stated. “It is a nonsensical assertion at this point in time because we simply need more data to even make that initial assessment.”
Elizondo’s boss, To the Star’s founder Tom DeLonge, has made his personal beliefs clear on the issue. In his book, Sekret Machines: Gods, co-written with Peter Levenda, DeLonge sums it all up by arguing that humanity was visited by aliens in its distant past, and that all human culture is one big “cargo cult.”
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.