NASA Scientist Admits There May Be Some UFO Sightings That Cannot Be ‘Explained or Denied’
by Jasper Hamill December 3, 2018 (metro.co.uk)
• Silvano P. Colombano, of NASA’s Ames Research Center, says that some UFO sightings deserve to be taken seriously rather than dismissed out of hand. Colombano also insists that our species needs to be more ‘aggressive’ in its search for extraterrestrial intelligence and try to think about how alien technology might develop over millions of years.
• Colombano suggests that scanning deep space for radio waves could be a waste, as ET technology would be far different than our own. Instead, scientists should broaden their investigation into alien life by considering how technology might evolve over millions of years and what sort of society extraterrestrials would form.
• Colombano says that humanity needs to abandon its preconceptions of extraterrestrial beings as little green men. What if ET is actually a civilization of tiny hyper-intelligent robots, for instance? ‘If we adopt a new set of assumptions about what forms of higher intelligence and technology we might find… we could start some serious inquiry,’ Colombano writes.
• Colombano admits that his fellow NASA researchers will often avoid studying UFOs simply because they believe interstellar travel is impossible, and therefore most UFO sightings are ‘hoaxes, mistaken perceptions or even psychotic events’.
• Colombano is still not prepared to say that we have already been visited by extraterrestrials. But he’ll accede that there may be “signals” to indicate that some UFOs cannot be explained or denied. Colombano thinks that humanity simply may not be able to grasp the truth about extraterrestrial civilizations at our relatively primitive stage of technological development.
• “[W]e are quickly becoming symbiotic with computer power,” says Colombano. “Our form of… intelligence may just be a tiny first step in a continuing evolution that may well produce forms of intelligence that are far superior to ours and no longer based on carbon ‘machinery’”.
• [Editor’s Note] There are numerous secret space programs in existence. The US Air Force, the US Navy, even NASA itself all have a secret space program that is kept hidden from the public. All of these secret space programs have been interacting with many types of extraterrestrial beings for decades. In the interests of continuing with their subterfuge, NASA has chosen a spokesman who is also unaware of what is really going on, or at least he pretends to be.
In a piece of research produced earlier this year, S. P. Colombano from the Nasa Ames Research Center called for an investigation into UFOs and said that some of the sightings could deserve to be taken seriously rather than dismissed out of hand.
He insisted that our species needed to be more ‘aggressive’ in its search for extraterrestrial intelligence and try to think about how alien technology might develop over millions of years.
‘In the very large amount of “noise” in UFO reporting there may be “signals” however small, that indicate some phenomena that cannot be explained or denied,’ the scientist wrote.
Although Colombano stressed that ‘we have not been, and are not being visited’ by aliens, he went on to say that we simply may not be able to grasp the truth about extraterrestrial civilisations at our relatively primitive stage of technological development.
He said that humanity needs to abandon its preconceptions about the nature of extraterrestrial beings – which may not be little green men but tiny, hyper-intelligent robots.
Colombano also claimed fellow researchers often avoid studying UFOs because they believe interstellar travel is impossible and fear most sightings are driven by ‘hoaxes, mistaken perceptions or even psychotic events’.
‘If we adopt a new set of assumptions about what forms of higher intelligence and technology we might find, some of those phenomena might fit specific hypotheses, and we could start some serious enquiry,’ he wrote.
‘The intelligence we might find and that might choose to find us (if it hasn’t already) might not be at all be produced by carbon-based organisms like us,’ he continued.
‘How might that change the above assumptions about interstellar travel?
‘Our typical life-spans would no longer be a limitation (although even these could be dealt with multi-generational missions or suspended animation), and the size of the “explorer” might be that of an extremely tiny super-intelligent entity.’
The Nasa researcher added: ‘Our form of life and intelligence, may just be a tiny first step in a continuing evolution that may well produce forms of intelligence that are far superior to ours and no longer based on carbon “machinery”.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.