Large Black Triangle Shaped Craft Fills Pinetown, South Africa Sky
Article by Shaun Smillie October 24, 2020 (iol.co.za)
• Lee Strydom has been the Mutual UFO Network’s representative South Africa for the past six years. Most sightings that are reported to him are easily explained away, such as hovering drones, weather balloons, ball lightning, and Chinese lanterns. “It’s difficult when you have got sightings where somebody will send you a report and they will say ‘Hey Man, I saw a light in the sky’,” says Strydom. Then, there are the hoaxes where pranksters throw dinner plates in the air, photograph them and claim they are extraterrestrial vehicles. Once somebody reported seeing the cartoon character Sponge Bob Square pants running around their garden.
• On the odd occasion, Strydom receives a report where he can’t find a scientific answer and sometimes it is just a hunch that something truly unexplained happened. This happened with a couple who reported an incident in the Northern Cape. Something strange had blotted out the stars over Pinetown. Where the stars should have been on this clear night was a large black triangle shaped craft, perhaps three to four football fields in size. The man ran to grab this cell phone, but by the time he returned, the craft was no longer there. Others in the town house complex had also seen the strange triangular object, but to Strydom’s frustration none of them would come forward. The witness happened to be a friend of Strydom’s. That night his friend changed from being a UFO non-believer to a believer.
• Flying black triangles spotted at night are not that uncommon in UFO case files. For decades there have been reports of them from across the world. There is a theory that these triangular craft could be a top secret US surveillance aircraft known as the TR-3A Black Manta.
• Strydom relates a report from a couple who were driving through a massive thunderstorm. “It was at night and it was raining and there was this massive black cloud above them,” said Strydom. “They passed this road sign that said X town was 15 kilometres away.” The couple continued driving through the storm for fifteen minutes. Suddenly the storm cleared and they were at the same road sign that marked that the town was 15 kilometres back. “So they hadn’t moved for 15 minutes, but they were driving. There was a time difference,” explains Strydom. “The way he told the story, and how petrified they were afterwards, in my opinion makes it real.” This suggests that Strydom believes in time travel. The problem is, like with many other sightings, Strydom has been unable to corroborate the event with other witnesses.
• Another sighting that Strydom investigated happened during a wedding in Israel. “A woman sent me footage from a wedding, where they noticed something in the sky. When you slow down the footage, you can make out a cigar shaped UFO, then 30 seconds later it was followed by Israeli air force jets,” said Strydom. That was a good sighting. There was video footage and several witnesses.
• But most UFO sightings aren’t like that. Strydom will continue sifting through those reports to find the one that will prove what Strydom knows: that aliens have been visiting for thousands of years. Strydom has long been a believer. He saw a UFO when he was a child and has been interested ever since. The MUFON organization that Strydom volunteers for has been investigating UFO sightings since 1969. It is the largest non profit organization of its kind in the world with representatives across the world and specialized teams that investigate possible physical evidence of extraterrestrial craft.
Something strange had blotted out the stars over Pinetown. Where the stars should have been on this clear night was a large black triangle shaped craft, perhaps three to four football fields in size.
The man who claimed to have seen this strange object ran into his townhouse complex to grab this cell phone and call his girlfriend.
But by the time he returned, the craft was no longer there. When something strange and unexplained is spotted in the sky, it is often Lee Strydom, the Mutual UFO Network SA representative who is called.
This was a good sighting and the witness, who happened to be a friend of Strydom’s, left him a message on his cellphone that night.
“When I got to work the next day, I had this message, he said that he saw something and it was coming in my direction,” Strydom explains, adding that his friend that night changed from being a non UFO believer to a believer.
Others in the town house complex had also seen the strange triangular object, but to Strydom’s frustration none of them wanted to be interviewed. Interestingly flying black triangles spotted at night are not that uncommon in UFO case files.
For decades there have been reports of them from across the world. Just this week someone reported to Mufon of sighting a large dark triangle craft in Penticton, British Columbia, in Canada.
There is even a theory as to what they are, and it has nothing to do with alien visitors. The suspicion is that these triangular craft could be a top secret US surveillance aircraft known as the TR-3A Black Manta.
The flying triangle sighting was an exception for Strydom, who has been the SA Mufon representative for six years. Most sightings that are reported to him are easily explained away.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.