Ex-Defense Official: Take UFO Reports Seriously
Article by Eric Mack August 1, 2020 (newsmax.com)
• Christopher Mellon (pictured above) is a former deputy assistant of defense for intelligence, the third highest ranking intelligence post at the Pentagon. On August 1st, he told CNN‘s Michael Smerconish that it is time for Americans and Congress to take UFO reports seriously. (see 5:43 minute video below)
• Mellon said that the assertion by Navy pilots of seeing aerial vehicles maneuvering in ways that are beyond the technology currently possible on this Earth should be taken seriously as well. Mellon is also a host of History channel’s “Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation.”
• “[T]he Defense Department and the Navy themselves have stood up and publicly acknowledged that this (UFO) phenomenon is real,” Mellon points out. “That this is happening. That our Navy pilots are encountering these vehicles….” imparts a credibility that is causing a “sea change” in public perception of UFOs.
• “[N]one other than that Scientific American itself has published an article saying the (UFO) subject ought to be taken seriously and investigated by the scientific community,” Mellon told Smerconish. (see Scientific American ExoArticle here)
• To think that these UFOs could be some sort of advanced drones or aircraft developed without the technology derived from intelligent extraterrestrials is “too simplistic”, says Mellon. “[W]e had information from multiple systems, infrared systems, multiple personnel in the ground and in the air, tracking these objects performing maneuvers that clearly indicate they were under intelligent control. They’re responding to our aircraft. They’re outmaneuvering them and doing things far beyond any capability we possess.”
• The Pentagon plans to release more details about the highly advanced UFO sightings by US Navy pilots. Contractor and Pentagon consultant Eric Davis told The New York Times that he had briefed a Defense Department agency this spring on research that showed the Navy found “off-world vehicles not made on this Earth.” (see NY Times ExoArticle here)
• The reports and the pending Pentagon release are making UFO reports switch from being decades-old wild theories to being “real” phenomenon now, according to Mellon.
It is time for Americans and Congress to take UFO reports seriously, according to a former Defense Department intelligence official.
“I think this is a topic the Oversight Committee should take seriously and investigate,” Christopher Mellon, former deputy assistant of defense for intelligence, the third highest ranking intelligence post at the Pentagon, told CNN‘s “Smerconish” on Saturday morning.
Mellon was referring to the Pentagon reportedly planning to release more details about the famed UFO sighting by U.S. Navy pilots that reported a vehicle moving in a way world technology would not allow.
Contractor and Pentagon consultant Eric Davis told The New York Times that he had briefed a Defense Department agency this spring on research that showed the Navy found “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”
“What I will say about that is I think that assertion should be taken seriously,” Mellon, also a host of History channel’s “Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation,” told CNN‘s Michael Smerconish on Saturday.
The reports and the pending Pentagon release are making UFO reports switch from being decades-old wild theories to being “real” phenomenon now, according to Mellon.
5:43 minute video clip of Chris Mellon discussing UFO disclosure on CNN (‘CNN’ YouTube)
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.