The Strangest UFO Sightings From West London
by Robyn Darbyshire June 11, 2019 (mylondon.news)
• Over the past 11 years, Britain’s Ministry of Defence has declassified secret files on UFO sightings, giving the public access to previously undisclosed information in the National UFO archives. Here are some of the strangest sightings documented by people across the city of London.
• Uxbridge High Street ‘Beam’ – On July 31, 1996, a car driver reported “a big bright light and a humming noise”, and then a shaft of light that came down from the sky. When the beam reached the ground, a man appeared and walked down Uxbridge High Street. This was witnessed by four friends and a milkman. “[It] looked as if (the beam) tried to land, let the man out… and flew off,” a witness was quoted as saying.
• The Stanmore Sighting – Ruth Novelli saw the UFO at 9:45 pm on April 26, 1984 in her back garden on Belmont Lane, Stanmore, after a neighbor alerted her to the strange object in the sky. Novelli said, “I looked up and there was a light in the sky that was changing colours from pink to yellow to blue.” “It was also moving back and forth and up and down, but we weren’t close enough to see it.” “The police blocked off the road and took pictures with a telescopic lens. I didn’t know what it was. I wasn’t scared, just mystified. It was there for three hours.” An officer described the object as moving erratically and being “circular in the middle with a dome on the top and underneath”. The police then followed the UFO as it moved down the M1, but they lost it when it took off into the sky at high speed.
• Ruislip Burning Orb – On May 31, 2009, Loraine Wiley of Beechwood Avenue, Ruislip, and her family, saw what looked like a low flying aeroplane on fire flying behind our house. “My children… thought it was a meteorite, but we assured them it wasn’t because it wasn’t zooming to earth. It was flying steadily.” “We watched it until it disappeared out of vision behind a tree and waited for it to come out the other side. It didn’t, so we went down our back alley and on to the next road to see around the tree and it was there, but it had stopped and was just hovering in one spot.” “I grabbed my camera and took two photos and when I have zoomed in one of the photos it looked like two balls of fire and the other was more like one round object.” “We stood for about 10 minutes watching it and it didn’t move. We eventually went inside and when my partner went back out about 10 minutes later it was gone.” Wiley sent her photos to the Uxbridge Gazette.
• Lights Over Hounslow – In 2008, Linda Chester saw strange hovering lights in the Hounslow area. Chester says, “I heard a rumbling noise and when I looked up I saw these blue, grey lights.” John Holland was driving near Hounslow that night and said the “pretty strange” lights were clearly visible that whole time. Gulsheen Kaur of Hounslow said, “My husband and I… just assumed it was a spotlight. But later we realised there had been no beam and we got scared.”
• Silvery Orb Over Hounslow – On Saturday, February 26, 2011, Chris Kelly was near St Mark’s School, in Bath Road, when he saw an “awesome-looking” night sky over Hounslow. He took a photo with his iPhone, but when he got home he noticed a glowing orb in the center of the photo. It was too high to be an aircraft and too low to be a star. Kelly remarked,”It just looks like a silvery spherical object. Everyone thinks I’m a bit nuts but I can’t find any explanation as to what it might have been.” “I believe in UFOs – maybe not aliens, but there’s some kind of craziness going on.”
• 2018 Shannon UFO – On November 9, 2018, a British Airways pilot flying a Boeing 747 from Montreal to Heathrow Airport, London reported a UFO over the southwest coast of Ireland. Several pilots reported ‘bright lights’ flying at extremely high speeds. The Irish Aviation Authority launched an investigation. In audio communication between the pilot and Shannon Air Traffic Control, the pilot described seeing a bright light coming up alongside the 747 before heading north “at a very high speed”. Shannon Control had ”nothing showing on either primary or secondary [radar].”
Have you ever looked up at a mysterious object in the sky and wondered what’s really up there?
You’re not alone.
Lots of Londoners have seen strange lights, flying objects or unusual activity in the sky and thought it could be a sign of extra-terrestrial life.
Over the past 11 years, the Ministry of Defence has declassified secret files on unexplained sightings, giving the public access to information on events which otherwise we might have no idea about.
These are some of the strangest sightings and theories witnessed by people across the city.
‘Man came down from beam’ on Uxbridge High Street
A report from the Ministry of Defence’s National UFO archives detailed a mysterious sighting in Uxbridge High Street, MyLondon reported in 2009.
On July 31 1996, a car driver reported “a big bright light and a humming noise”.
The previously classified document detailed an account of a man appearing as the beam came down.
It read: “[A] beam came down and a man came out and walked down Uxbridge High Street… looked as if it tried to land, let the man out… and flew off.”
The report stated that the worrying sighting was seen by four friends and a milkman.
Police rush to mysterious lights in Stanmore
A caterer from Stanmore revealed in 2008 how she spotted a UFO 24 years ago.
Ruth Novelli, of Bushey, said she saw the UFO at 9.45pm on April 26, in 1984, in her back garden in Belmont Lane, Stanmore .
The 61-year-old spotted the UFO after a neighbour alerted her to a strange object in the sky.
She said: “My next door neighbour knocked on my door and asked me to see what it was. I looked up and there was a light in the sky that was changing colours from pink to yellow to blue.
“It was also moving back and forth and up and down, but we weren’t close enough to see it.”
Mrs Novelli, who was 38 at the time, said: “My neighbour called the RAF to see whether they had anything up there and they didn’t, so she called the police.
“The police blocked off the road and took pictures with a telescopic lense. I didn’t know what it was. I wasn’t scared, just mystified. It was there for three hours.”
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.
Britain’s Ministry of Defence, Chris Kelly, Gulsheen Kaur, Hounslow, Irish Aviation Authority, John Holland, Linda Chester, Loraine Wiley, National UFO archives, Ruislip, Ruth Novelli, Shannon Ireland, Stanmore, Uxbridge High Street