Trump’s Opinion on UFOs: Nope – But You Never Know
by Anna Hopkins July 6, 2019 (foxnews.com)
• President Trump was interviewed by Fox News’ Tucker Carlson while the President visited the Far East in late June. It was aired on Fox News on July 5th. Carlson asked the President about a recent briefing he had regarding the Navy pilots who reported seeing “strange objects” flying at hypersonic speeds and emitting “no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes.” (see video below)
• Trump mused, “I mean, you have people that swear by it, right?… And pilots have come in and they said — and these are pilots that have — not pilots that are into that particular world, but we have had people saying that they’ve seen things.” This was the Commander-in-Chief’s way of saying he isn’t convinced UFOs exist.
• President Trump continued: “Well, I don’t want to really get into it too much. But personally, I tend to doubt it. … I’m not a believer, but you know, I guess anything is possible.” Apparently, he’s keeping an open mind.
• Recently, the Defense Department held a briefing with Senate Intelligence Committee Vice Chairman Mark Warner (D-VA) and two other Senators regarding Navy pilots’ encounters with UFOs. Carlson asked the President, who has access to any military base, about a claim made by a government official who said that the U.S. is in possession of UFO wreckage at an Air Force Base facility. Trump said he hadn’t heard about it but had seen the story covered on Carlson’s show.
• [Editor’s Note] Nick Pope was also interviewed by Tucker Carlson in the Fox News interview. Pope rejoiced that a US president was even discussing the subject. In a recent ExoNews article, Rich Sheck applauded Trump conceding that UFO’s are real, even if he doesn’t believe in extraterrestrials.(see here) Dr Michael Salla recently wrote an equally optimistic account of President Trumps interview with George Stephanopoulos. (see here) When asked if Trump believed in UFOs, the President responded “not particularly”. So Trump must have information of what these UFOs really are, and is actively seeking a way to inform the public. Many in the UFO community seem to be banking that Trump is only pretending to be ignorant and indifferent to the existence of UFOs of extraterrestrial origin as part of a master plan that the President has up his sleeve to affect full disclosure when the time is right. I wish I shared their optimism. But I have a feeling that Donald Trump isn’t pretending.
Does President Trump believe the truth is out there?
During an interview with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, Trump, who has all our information about extraterrestrials and UFOs at his disposal, said he isn’t convinced UFOs exist.
But he’s keeping an open mind.
“Well, I don’t want to really get into it too much. But personally, I tend to doubt it,” he told Carlson. “I’m not a believer, but you know, I guess anything is possible.”
Carlson was pressing the president on a recent briefing he had regarding the Navy pilots who reported seeing “strange objects” flying at hypersonic speeds and emitting “no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes.” Last week, the Defense Department also held a briefing with Senate Intelligence Committee Vice Chairman Mark Warner, D-Va., as well as two other senators as part of an apparent effort to communicate with politicians about naval encounters with unidentified aircraft.
5:43 minute video of Tucker Carlson’s interview with Pres Trump (Fox News)
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.