David Icke Booted Off of Facebook for Spreading COVID-19 ‘Conspiracy Theories’
Article by Sput Nick May 2, 2020 (sputniknews.com)
• Facebook has removed the official page of conspiracy theorist David Icke (pictured above) for “repeatedly violating our policies on harmful information.” Mr Icke had reportedly shared a number videos in which he made claims that the Coronavirus pandemic is linked to 5G networks, while in another he said that the disease had been spread by a Jewish group. Mr Icke’s now deleted Facebook page boasted nearly 800,000 followers.
• The 5G theory alleges that Coronavirus has been caused by frequencies used for the new wireless technology which impair the human immune system. The theory has spread like wildfire across social media. As a result, across the UK alone, there have been attacks on around 60 5G masts recorded by the authorities, most of which were set on fire.
• The Centre for Countering Digital Hate said in an open letter (see here) calling for Mr Icke’s banning from social media that his conspiracies about Coronavirus had been viewed more than 30 million times. The CCDH chief executive, Imran Ahmed, said that the kind of information shared by Mr Icke “puts all of our lives at risk by encouraging the public not to comply with clinical guidance.”
• UK-based campaign group, Hope Not Hate, said that it, “welcome news that Facebook have removed David Icke’s page,” adding that Icke “has promoted dangerous conspiracy theories including the idea that COVID-19 is a hoax.”
• Following his removal from Facebook, Mr Icke went to Twitter to slam Facebook as “fascist”, sharing a picture of Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, with the caption, “The little boy gofer for global tyranny.” A Twitter spokesman responded to criticism, saying we will not take enforcement action on every tweet that contains incomplete or disputed information about COVID-19. Since introducing these policies on 18 March, we’ve removed more than 2,200 tweets. As we’ve doubled down on tech, our automated systems have challenged more than 3.4 million accounts which were targeting discussions around COVID-19 with spammy or manipulative behaviors.”
• [Editor’s Note] To see where ExoNews falls in the 5G-Covid controversy, see Dr Michael Salla’s March 14th article: Is Coronavirus a Deep State Bioweapon Attack on China Planned in 2005?
Facebook has removed the official page of renowned conspiracy theorist David Icke after he made a controversial post about the origins of COVID-19.
Mr Icke had reportedly shared a number videos in which he made claims that the Coronavirus pandemic is linked to 5G networks, while in another he said that the disease had been spread by a Jewish group.
The social media giant said that it had removed Mr Icke from its website for “repeatedly violating our policies on harmful information.”
Following his removal from Facebook, Mr Icke then stormed to Twitter to slam the company as “fascist” for deleting his page. Furthermore, Mr Icke shared a picture of Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, with the caption, “The little boy gofer for global tyranny.”
Mr Icke’s now deleted Facebook page boasted almost 800,000 followers when it was removed.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.