Tag: George Knapp

I-Team: Former Sen. Reid Pushing to Solve the Mystery of UFOs

by George Knapp and Matt Adams                    February 1, 2019                 (lasvegasnow.com)

• In his first on-camera interview since battling some health issues, former Nevada Senator Harry Reid (pictured above) told the I-team’s George Knapp that he maintains his enthusiasm for UFO research. (see 2:08 minute excerpt from the Harry Reid interview below)

• When told that Pentagon officials said that the $22M Pentagon UFO study known as the ‘Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program’ (AATIP), which reportedly amassed a gigantic data base of UFO cases, videos, and information, and also produced dozens of scientific papers about advanced technology, was cancelled in 2012 because ‘it didn’t produce much’ and found ‘nothing of interest’, Reid responded, “[I]t was voluminous reports with a lot of good stuff in it, and it’s too bad they said that.” “[S]omebody either wasn’t telling the truth or didn’t know the facts.”

 

Former Nevada Senator Harry Reid says he is once again bending ears and twisting arms to get his congressional colleagues interested in studying UFOs.

Reid has been out of the spotlight for the last year while battling some health issues.

Now, that he is feeling stronger, he gave his first on-camera interview despite the tough challenges he faced in the last year, Senator Reid has maintained his enthusiasm for UFO research, and the I-Team didn’t have to ask twice for an update.

Back in 2007 when he was Senate Majority Leader, Reid and colleagues initiated a secret Pentagon study of UFOs and related topics. It was based in Nevada and reportedly amassed a gigantic data base of UFO cases, videos, and information. It also produced dozens of scientific papers about advanced technology.

In late 2017, news of the program finally went public. People at the Pentagon claimed it had been cancelled, in part, because it didn’t produce much. Reid says that’s baloney.

2:08 minute video from Channel 8 News NOW Las Vegas on Harry Reid

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE

 

FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.

More Details on Government UFO Findings Could Be Forthcoming

by George Knapp and Matt Adams                     December 14, 2018                    (lasvegasnow.com)

• Luis Elizondo (pictured above with George Knapp), the former head of the Pentagon’s UFO study and current member of the ‘To The Stars Academy’, has been dropping strong hints that, behind the scenes, a new broader effort to accumulate classified UFO reports, testimony, and evidence is underway, both inside and outside the government.

• In a recent interview with the I-Team’s George Knapp (see 3:50 minute excerpt from the interview below), Elizondo was asked, “When you say, something big is coming, what does that mean?” “I think we have a much better understanding in the depth and scope that the Department of Defense has played in recent times, not historical 40s and 50s. I’m talking very recent regarding the UFO phenomenon. I think people will be surprised just how frequent and the volume in which these things are apparently recorded and observed by active duty military people on missions, around the world, by the way,” Elizondo said.

• When Elizondo left the military and joined To The Stars Academy, he was instrumental in convincing the New York Times to publish a blockbuster front page story about the Pentagon UFO study. Media and public interest throughout 2018 have resulted in closed door briefings and testimony before senior staff and members of Congress.

• Elizondo hints that official interest in UFOs has been aroused. “For some people, this UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon) issue, they’re really learning about it for the first time, despite what they may have seen on popular TV or maybe in some movie, this is really the first time they’re being told. Hey Jack or Jane, this is a serious topic. This is something your Department of Defense has been tracking.”

• To The Stars Academy has launched its own public outreach efforts, including meetings with foreign military officials, and scientific analysis of baffling samples of metamaterials acquired from so-called crash sites. Elizondo says it’s too early to reveal what that analysis has uncovered, but says the initial work is promising.

 

Sunday marks one year since the New York Times broke open a provocative secret when it reported about the existence of a long-term Pentagon study of UFOs – Unidentified Flying Objects.

In the 12 months since then, the I-Team has unveiled new details about the study, which was based in Las Vegas. So, what comes next? And will 2019 bring the public closer to understanding what the government already knows?

The I-Team’s George Knapp sat down for an exclusive interview with an intelligence officer who chased flying saucers for the Pentagon.

“When you say, something big is coming, what does that mean?” Asks Lue Elizondo with To The Stars Academy.
As a career intelligence officer, Elizondo learned to parse his words carefully. He spent nearly a decade managing a secret Pentagon study of encounters between U.S. military units and UAP’s, Unknown Aerial Phenomena, aka UFOs, including multiple incidents in 2015 off the coast of Florida with an object dubbed the Gimbal.

Fourteen months after leaving the Pentagon, during a visit to Las Vegas, Elizondo dropped strong hints that, behind the scenes, a new broader effort to accumulate classified UFO reports, testimony, and evidence is underway, both inside the government and outside.

“I think we have a much better understanding in the depth and scope that the Department of Defense has played in recent times, not historical 40s and 50s. I’m talking very recent regarding the UFO phenomenon. I think people will be surprised just how frequent and the volume in which these things are apparently recorded and observed by active duty military people on missions, around the world, by the way,” Elizondo said.

3:50 minute excerpt from George Knapp’s interview with Luis Elizondo

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE

 

FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.

Las Vegas Man’s UFO Story Makes It To the Big Screen

by George Knapp and Matt Adams                   December 12, 2018                      (lasvegasnow.com)

• The world premiere of a new documentary film about UFO whistle blower Bob Lazar was held in Los Angeles on December 3rd, and Las Vegas I-Team Reporter George Knapp was there. The line of eager fans stretched around a city block for the premier. A sellout crowd of 1,600 people filed into the historic United Artists theater to see the film produced and directed by Jeremy Corbell and narrated by Hollywood star, Mickey Rourke.  

• Corbell took the stage at the premier to explain, “The reason I made this film is because I wanted to know the truth.” As the lights dimmed and the projector fired up, the subject of the movie Bob Lazar took a seat alongside other interested parties.

• It was 29 years ago that Lazar came forward, claimed he worked on technology out in the Nevada desert, and suddenly the Area 51 base became known all over the world. A 1989 interview on KLAS TV with George Knapp when Bob Lazar mentioned that there were “nine flying saucers, flying discs out there” at S-4, a camouflaged facility built into a mountain south of Groom Lake, the heart of the Area 51 military base changed things forever for Lazar.

• With Lazar’s revelation, UFO researchers by the busload made the pilgrimage to the Nevada desert, along with major news organizations. The story put Area 51 on the map worldwide, inspired movies, TV shows, and books, led to the creation of the E.T. highway and a namesake professional baseball team.

• In the film, Lazar goes into specific detail about the technology he says he saw, technology that is remarkably similar to the objects seen in videos released one year ago by the Pentagon. These craft can generate gravity and bend space-time, Lazar said nearly three decades ago. Now the topic is once again generating waves of media coverage.

• Audience response to the film’s premiere was overwhelmingly positive enough to coax a visibly uncomfortable Lazar onto the stage with the director to answer a few questions, including the attacks on his credibility. Lazar says he doesn’t blame people for their skepticism. “I understand it is an incredible story and I myself would have a hard time believing it.”  (that’s George Knapp, Bob Lazar and Jeremy Corbell sitting on stage at the event above)

 

2018 was a big year for UFO news. It was a year ago this month when the Pentagon admitted it has been secretly studying unidentified flying objects and also released a few videos recorded by military pilots.

The sudden re-emergence of official interest in these unknown aircraft has also resulted in a closer look at older UFO cases and testimony, including one story that started in Las Vegas.

A new documentary film about UFO whistleblower Bob Lazar is out and there’s no way I-Team Reporter George Knapp would miss the world premiere.

It was 29 years ago that Lazar came forward, claimed he worked on technology out in the Nevada desert, and suddenly the Area 51 base became known all over the world.

The I-Team has done occasional updates with Lazar over the decades but it is never easy to get him to open up. The premiere of the new film has fired up many of the same arguments about his credibility, but the first audience to see the movie didn’t need much convincing.

The line of eager fans stretched around a city block in downtown Los Angeles. A sellout crowd of 1,600 people filed into the historic United Artists theater to see a film narrated by movie star Mickey Rourke and to hobnob with like-minded enthusiasts, some brought their Area 51 saucer model kits. At least one wore an ET mask.

A few famous faces were in the audience when director Jeremy Corbell took the stage and explained why he was inspired to tackle this particular slice of UFO history.

“The reason I made this film is because I wanted to know the truth,” said Jeremy Corbell, documentary filmmaker. “People that are haters, debunkers talk smack. Some of you are in this audience. You don’t know the story. You didn’t get it right.”
As the lights dimmed and the projector fired up, the subject of the movie Bob Lazar took a seat alongside other interested parties.

“There are nine flying saucers, flying discs out there…”

That 1989 interview on KLAS TV changed things forever for Bob Lazar, whose identity was made public months later. His story about alleged alien technology being stored and analyzed at S-4, a camouflaged facility built into a mountain south of Groom Lake, the heart of the now infamous Area 51 military base, set off a stampede.

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE

 

FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 5

Copyright © 2018 Exopolitics Institute News Service. All Rights Reserved.