Aleph Farms’ ‘Aleph Zero Program’ to Grow Steaks in Space
October 21, 2020 (prnewswire.com)
• Aleph Farms is a food company that specializes in cell biology, tissue engineering, and food science to grow real beefsteaks from non-genetically engineered cells, isolated from a living animal, without antibiotics and using a fraction of the resources required for raising an entire animal for meat. Under the ‘Aleph Zero’ program, the company will produce fresh quality meat anywhere, independent of climate change and of availability of local natural resources.
• The ‘Aleph Zero’ program follows the success of the company’s first experiment of producing meat on the International Space Station a year ago, in collaboration with 3D Bioprinting Solutions. This proof-of-concept marked a historic milestone in sustainable food production, resulting in new capacities to cultivate real meat directly from various types of cow cells, under micro-gravity and far from any natural resources.
• “The constraints imposed by deep-space-exploration — the cold, thin environment and the circular approach — force us to tighten the efficiency of our meat production process to much higher sustainability standards,” notes Didier Toubia, Co-Founder and CEO of Aleph Farms. “The program ‘Aleph Zero’ reflects our mission of producing quality, delicious meat locally where people live and consume it, even in the most remote places on Earth like the Sahara Desert or Antarctica. Providing unconditional access to high-quality nutrition to anyone, anytime, anywhere,” adds Toubia. “When people will live on the Moon or Mars, Aleph Farms will be there as well.”
• Aleph Farms newest initiative is centered on introducing quality meat in the most harsh and remote extraterrestrial environments, such as space, where food production has been a barrier for long-term space missions. Aleph Farms is securing strategic partnerships with technology companies and space agencies for long-term collaborative research and development contracts that will ensure the integration of Aleph Farms’ innovations into leading space programs. The company plans to eventually apply the lessons learned in space to earthbound sites.
• Aleph Farms’ BioFarms™ will pave the way forward as a leader of the global sustainable food ecosystem. In May 2019, the company raised a US $12M from strategic partners and venture capital. Aleph Farms was co-founded with The Kitchen Hub of the Strauss Group and with Professor Shulamit Levenberg of the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology. Together with agri-food partners in Europe, Asia and Latin America, Aleph Farms will be launch its pilot BioFarm™ production in 2021 and its commercial launch by the end of 2022.
• Aleph Farms is backed by some of the world’s most innovative food producers, such as Cargill, Migros, and the Strauss Group. It has recently received top accolades for its contribution to the global sustainability movement from the World Economic Forum, UNESCO, Netexplo Forum and EIT Food.
• [Editor’s Note] Is Aleph Farms the vanguard for the long-awaited public release of well-established food replication technology that secret space programs have been using for decades?
REHOVOT, Israel, Oct. 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Aleph Farms, Ltd., the leader in growing quality steaks
directly from non-GMO cells, isolated from a living animal – is taking a bold new step toward accelerating extraterrestrial food production, which has been a main barrier for long-term space missions. The company announces the launch of its ‘Aleph Zero’ program. This project will forward its vision for advancing food security by producing fresh quality meat anywhere, independent of climate change and of availability of local natural resources.
The core mission of the new initiative is centered on introducing new capabilities for locally producing fresh, quality meat even in the most harsh and remote extraterrestrial environments, such as space.
To the achieve this goal, Aleph Farms is securing strategic partnerships with technology companies and space agencies for long term collaborative research and development contracts that will ensure the integration of Aleph Farms’ innovations into leading space programs. These programs will leverage the company’s deep-rooted know-how in cell biology, tissue engineering, and food science to establish BioFarms™ in extraterrestrial environments, enabling the company to eventually apply the lessons learned in space to earthbound sites.
“‘Aleph Zero’ represents the mathematical symbol of the smallest infinite number, and how Aleph Farms brings space infinity closer by supporting deep-space exploration and colonization of new planets. The term also represents the company’s vision for producing meat with near-zero natural resources,” explains Didier Toubia, Co-Founder and CEO of Aleph Farms.
56 second promo for ‘Aleph Zero’ program for cultivating meat (‘Aleph Farms” YouTube)
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.