What a ‘Secret of Skinwalker Ranch’ Scientist Thinks Proof of Aliens Will Do to Society
Article by Adrienne Jones April 14. 2020 (cinemablend.com)
• Dr. Travis Taylor (pictured above) is an astrophysicist who has worked, lived and studied the mysterious occurrences at the Skinwalker Ranch for the History Channel series: The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. The Skinwalker Ranch is the 512-acre property located in the Uinta Basin in northestern Utah, which has been an epicenter of UFO and paranormal activity for the past 200 years.
• Journalists recently had the opportunity to ask Taylor whether he now believes in extraterrestrial life, and what the effect such a revelation might have on our society. “I don’t think that people are going to go nuts,” said Taylor. “Most people in the general public believe there are aliens anyway. I don’t think it’s going to do anything except assure them.”
• What about the conspiracies that the government is hiding the existence of extraterrestrials? Says Taylor, “I don’t believe in big conspiracies. There’s no way that humans are adept enough and trust each other enough to create conspiracies so large it would take hundreds and hundreds of people to maintain it.” So according to Dr. Taylor, there probably aren’t any government programs that are allowing humans to be impregnated by extraterrestrials, or whatever else Mulder and Scully would like to convince us of.
• Taylor makes an exception for ‘national security’, saying, “Now, there is possibility that things have been classified for national security reasons. And, at such time when it should be, it could be disclosed and not reveal a national security advantage, then I could see [disclosure] taking place…”
• “If there were an alien invasion… it [would] improve the funding for programs to do research like the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, advanced spacecraft technology or advanced spacesuit technology,” says Taylor. “Why all of our soldiers don’t have Iron Man suits, I can’t explain that. … [T]hat should be one of the biggest defense projects we have. But we don’t spend any money on it. So, that’s the things that will change… where we’re spending our money… That’s all I think disclosure will do. The everyday person [will just say] ‘I told you so.”
There are few place in the country that have been the site of more mysterious happenings and UFO sightings than Skinwalker Ranch. The 512-acre property located in Utah’s Uinta Basin has been at the center of such events for 200 years, with the area even being nicknamed “UFO alley” during the 1950s. The scientists of The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch set out, last year, to see if there were actual scientific explanations for what’s gone on there, but now one member of the team, Dr. Travis Taylor, has revealed what he thinks would happen if we ever actually prove that aliens have been on Earth.
Dr. Taylor is an astrophysicist who helped to study Skinwalker Ranch for the series last year, and myself and several other journalists had the opportunity recently to ask him about his time working and living at the mysterious location. When asked what he believed proof of alien life having been on our planet would do to society, Dr. Taylor had an answer that might surprise you.
“I don’t think that people are going to go nuts…So, what about disclosure? I don’t believe in big conspiracies. There’s no way that humans are adept enough and trust each other enough to create conspiracies so large it would take hundreds and hundreds of people to maintain it. Now there is possibility that things have been classified for national security reasons. And, at such time when it should be it could be disclosed and not reveal a national security advantage, then I could see that taking place but what’s it going to do to the general public? Most people in the general public believe there are aliens anyway. I don’t think it’s going to do anything except assure them.”
3:58 minute excerpt from The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch (‘HISTORY’ YouTube)
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.