Tag: U.S. Navy

Tom DeLonge Joins Ex-Government Agent to Hunt for Truth About UFOs

Article by Natasha Wynarczyk                               June 28, 2020                           (dailystar.co.uk)

• Tom DeLonge, the former rock star with the band Blink-182, has teamed up with Luis Elizondo who ran the Pentagon’s UFO research program for eight years, to create a television documentary called “Unidentified”. DeLonge and Elizondo use eyewitness ¬accounts and -unseen footage to ¬reveal details of the US government’s alleged awareness – and cover-up – of extra-terrestrial life forms visiting Earth.

• “My gut tells me we are going to be able to pull this all together,” DeLonge told the Daily Star. “One of the biggest ¬misconceptions is that we are only experiencing these phenomena in modern time. There are a lot of unanswered questions about a lot of things going back thousands of years. In ancient Indian texts, for example, there’s descriptions of flying crafts with twisting -engines, similar to what people have seen in the past 60 years. I have a feeling we are going to get to a place where our ¬understanding of things such as the pyramids might change as we learn more about what these are and where they come from.”

• DeLonge has long been a believer in UFOs. In 2017, he founded the institute, ‘To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science’, and became one of America’s most prominent UFO researchers. Last September, the U.S. Navy admitted that some of the ¬declassified videos published by ‘To The Stars’ were in fact “unidentified aerial phenomena”. DeLonge says, “People have asked me…if I feel vindicated because I was out there in the front taking arrows for everybody. I actually don’t. I signed up to be that person for a little bit of time until the facts came out and started turning the tide of public opinion.” “So I don’t go around going: ‘Oh, I told you so’. I go around saying: ‘Well if you thought that was a lot to digest, just wait for the next few years’.”

• Last year DeLonge worked on the first series of ‘Unidentified’ with Elizondo. “I’ve had a long time learning about this stuff, and being around people such as Luis and my team who know a lot more about it than I do,” said DeLonge. “It’s given me the ability to look at something that is hard to digest for a lot of people.” In 2012, Elizondo sensationally quit the Pentagon to become a freelance investigator, as he believed the US government was covering up the true extent of UFOs. “This is a serious topic that affects us all,” says Elizondo. “We are now at a point where there is so much overwhelming evidence out there.”

• “UFO sightings in the U.S. picked up after the country started increasing its nuclear ¬activities during World War Two,” notes Elizondo. “There is some information that shows unidentified aerial phenomena may have interest in our nuclear capabilities.” “If something is flying over your most sensitive facilities and has the ability to interfere with them, it can be a big problem.”

• DeLonge says the ¬final episode of last year’s season of ‘Unidentified’ was “really eye-opening”. “Luis and I met with members of the Italian government… We spoke to one individual and his partner who were involved in an investigation in Sicily and the Mediterranean.” “They had photos of objects, they had some damage done to a helicopter, a lot of sightings.” “[T]here was a pattern of things that had been happening around the world that were definitely going on there.”

• “The last conversation Tom and I have on camera at the end of series one is: ‘Are the American people really prepared to handle what comes next?’” says Elizondo. “We have now taken this conversation to the point where the Department of Defense and our military apparatus has acknowledged the reality of the phenomena. I think we are beginning to accept the fact there’s things in our airspace behaving in ways we don’t understand. We know these things are real.”

 

       Tom DeLonge and Luis Elizondo

EX-Blink-182 star Tom DeLonge has teamed up with a ¬former US government agent to finally uncover the truth about UFOs.

Tom and Luis Elizondo, who spent eight years running a ¬secret Pentagon programme that investigated alien sightings in America, are presenting a TV documentary series called Unidentified.

In the show the pair use eyewitness ¬accounts and ¬unseen footage to ¬reveal details of the US government’s alleged awareness – and potential cover-up – of extra-terrestrial life forms.

And Tom, 44, reckons we might one day even discover a link between ancient structures, such as the pyramids, and alien visitors.
“My gut tells me we are going to be able to pull this all together,” he tells the Daily Star.

“One of the biggest ¬misconceptions is that we are only experiencing these phenomena in modern time. There are a lot of unanswered questions about a lot of things going back thousands of years.

“In ancient Indian texts, for example, there’s descriptions of flying crafts with twisting ¬engines, similar to what people have seen in the past 60 years.
“I have a feeling we are going to get to a place where our ¬understanding of things such as the pyramids might change as we learn more about what these are and where they come from.”

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE

 

FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.

Pentagon’s Release of UFO Videos a Big Deal for Believers in Extraterrestrial Life

Article by CBC Radio                            May 1, 2020                           (cbc.ca)

• On April 27th, the U.S. Department of Defense released three short UFO/UAP videos recorded in 2004 and 2015. Those same videos were posted online since 2017 by Tom DeLonge’s ‘To The Stars Academy of Arts & Sciences’. The DoD declassified the clips to “clear up any misconceptions” about whether the footage was real and “whether or not there is more to the videos.”

• Former British Defence Ministry UFO investigator Nick Pope says that “This new revelation, I think, takes us to some very interesting territory and at least lays the groundwork for serious adult conversation about this that goes beyond Sci-Fi memes.” For believers in extraterrestrial life, the Pentagon’s acknowledgement is a big deal. “After years of what they see as government denial, they think that this is a prelude to disclosure,” said Pope. “… the moment when the government formally acknowledges an extraterrestrial presence.”

• While the Pentagon offered no information about what’s actually seen in the three clips, some believe the pilots’ incredulous reactions to what they’re seeing indicates something bizarre. “The U.S. Navy top guns are not easily impressed in terms of things like speed and maneuverability,” Pope said. “So when they get excited, it tells you there’s something a little bit unusual about this, to say the least.” Whatever the videos show, it “doesn’t matter in a sense,” says Pope. “The important point is this subject has now come out of the fringe and into the mainstream.”

• Mick West, author of Escaping the Rabbit Hole: How to Debunk Conspiracy Theories Using Facts, Logic, and Respect, points out that the Navy essentially acknowledged the UAP videos back in September 2019. Says West, “These videos have been out for two years and the Navy has never really said that these are not real videos from Navy planes.”

• West isn’t fooled by UFO theories. He explains that the video of a rotating, potato-like object – indeed, “a whole fleet of them” as one Navy aviator exclaims in the Gimbal video, is simply “the heat signature of the jet engine” as it “flares up in the infrared [camera].” “It’s like if you shone a flashlight into a camera,” says West who is a licensed pilot, “you don’t see the flashlight itself, you just see a bright glare around it.” The rotation is nothing but a moving part in the camera’s lens. “[P]ilots will naturally see things in the sky that they can’t identify.”

• Although there may be logical explanations for the objects pictured in the videos, West says they may be kept confidential for national security reasons, no matter how benign. “The Navy probably has a very good idea of what types of things these are — that they’re drones or balloons or aircraft or whatever they are — but they’re not going to tell you about it because that’s part of a classified investigation,” he said.

• The Department of Defense said the objects in the video remain “characterized as ‘unidentified.'” Pope agrees that the government likely has the required intelligence to shed more clarity on what’s in the videos. West acknowledges that even when offered alternate explanations (ie: “drones or balloons or aircraft or whatever”), die-hard UFO believers won’t give up hope that the videos show proof of extraterrestrial life. West sees the UFO crowd’s interest as benign, so long as it veers into anti-government conspiracy that could prevent them from trusting important information, like health guidelines.

• That curiosity, Pope argues, allows humankind to ponder bigger, more philosophical questions. “What if there are other civilizations out there that will have profound implications for almost every aspect of human society: politics, religion, science, economics, philosophy?” “Let’s have that conversation, says Pope. “It would be interesting and it would be fun.”

[Editor’s Note]   Well, there it is folks. Mick West has provided irrefutable proof … that he’s a highly educated idiot.

 

The Pentagon’s official release of footage that appears to show unidentified flying objects sets the stage for an “adult conversation” about a once fringe topic, a former British defence ministry investigator argues.

                           Mick West

“This new revelation, I think, takes us to some very interesting territory and at least lays the groundwork for serious adult conversation about this that goes beyond Sci-Fi memes,” said Nick Pope, former head of the British government’s UFO research project.

                          Nick Pope

On Monday, the U.S. Department of Defense released three short videos, recorded in 2004 and 2015, depicting what they call “unidentified aerial phenomena.”

Those same videos have been available online since 2017 when To The Stars Academy of Arts & Sciences, a company founded by former Blink-182 musician Tom DeLonge, posted them online.

In a release, the department says it declassified the clips to “clear up any misconceptions” about whether the footage was real and “whether or not there is more to the videos.”

For believers in extraterrestrial life, the Pentagon’s acknowledgement is a big deal, Pope says.

“After years of what they see as government denial, they think that this is a prelude to disclosure, the moment when the government formally acknowledges an extraterrestrial presence,” he told The Current’s Matt Galloway.

While Pope is far more cautious in his assessment of the videos’ contents — he is “unsure” of what they depict — he says whatever is shown “doesn’t matter in a sense.”

“The important point is this subject has now come out of the fringe and into the mainstream.”

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE

 

FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.

Witnesses Say USS Nimitz “Tic-Tac” Had Incredible Flight Capabilities, and That’s Not All

 

Article by Micah Hanks                         January 26, 2020                             (mysteriousuniverse.org)

• The ‘FLIR 1’ UFO video taken by Navy aviators assigned to the USS Nimitz carrier group which captured an ‘unidentified aerial phenomena’, now commonly known as the ‘tic tac’ UFO, is one of the most widely-discussed UAP instances of the modern era. In November 2004, these objects were tracked on radar over the course of several weeks. Former Petty Officer 3rd Class Fire Controlman Gary Voorhis reported seeing the UFOs through binoculars from the top deck of the USS Princeton in the carrier group.

• Voorhis and former Lead Petty Officer, Ryan Weigelt, who watched the ‘tic tac’ UFO on the AN/SPY-1 Bravo radar aboard the USS Princeton, described the “otherworldly maneuverability” of the objects. The UAP could go “up, left, down, forward…at any speed it wanted to go.” “[I]t would move sharp to the right, sharp to the left, up, down, any particular direction it wanted to go. It had no rudders, no props, no jet plume. You couldn’t tell which side was the front and which side was the back, except that you’d just assume that which way is going forward is front. But you can’t even assume that, because it would just move sideways.”

• Voorhis and Weigelt noted another eerie characteristic of the ‘tic tac’ UFOs. When Navy pilot Commander David Fravor and the Navy jet accompanying him were alerted via radio that the object had reappeared, they were given a “cap point” location to reach. Fravor told the New York Times, “We were at least 40 miles away, and in less than a minute this thing was already at our cap point.” Somehow, the UFO was aware of the designated cap point location and got there first. Could the operators of the ‘tic tac’ UFO have had foreknowledge or other access to this information? Was it able to decode the Navy’s highly encrypted communications?

• Various accounts of these UFOs indicate that they possess capabilities far beyond anything that the US military has, or any other military for that matter. While these UFOs have not made any overt offensive actions against Navy jets, it is a concern that these mysterious objects have such highly advanced performance abilities. Just how much information does the US military have on these UFOs? What steps is the military taking to identify and learn more about these UFOs? We don’t know.

 

“Up, left, down, forward… any way it wanted to go, at any speed it wanted to go. Which was hard for your brain to kinda wrap around at first.”
This was how Gary Voorhis, former Petty Officer 3rd Class Fire Controlman aboard the USS Princeton, described the behavior of an unidentified flying object that was tracked and observed across multiple systems during a 2004 Naval incident off the coast of California. The events described here, commonly known today as the USS Nimitz UFO incident, have become one of the most widely-discussed instances involving unexplained aerial phenomena of the modern era.

       Ryan Weigelt
                   Gary Voorhis

A number of key factors have contributed to the attention this incident has gained, which include the involvement of multiple witnesses, and more fundamentally, that it had been a military encounter with obvious national defense implications. Also contributing to the interest it has received had been footage obtained with the help of the Raytheon ATFLIR targeting pod systems employed by the Navy, as well as observations by radar operators and other technicians in the Navy’s Strike Carrier Group-11. All of these sources provided information about the operational capabilities of the craft, which has since been popularly likened to a bus-sized, flying “tic-tac”.

Gary Voorhis and Ryan Weigelt, both of whom served with the Carrier Group-11 at the time of the incident, related a number of unique details to me during a recent interview I conducted with them about the incident. Voorhis, as described earlier, had been a Petty Officer 3rd Class Fire Controlman aboard the USS Princeton, and was one of the system technicians for the Cooperative Engagement Capability and AEGIS Combat systems, which included the AN/SPY-1 Bravo radar. Weigelt, a former Leading Petty Officer, had been the power plant specialist of the SH-60B Seahawk helicopter at the same time.

One of the key elements that both men shared with me in our interview had been their recollection of seeing the now-famous intercept attempt led by Commander David Fravor, a former commanding officer of Strike Fighter Squadron 41 (and, notably, the officer to first compare the object or aircraft’s shape to a “tic-tac”). Fravor was accompanied at the time of the intercept by his weapon systems officer and two other pilots.

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE

 

FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.

Copyright © 2019 Exopolitics Institute News Service. All Rights Reserved.