• Home
  • Senator Harry Reid

Tag: Senator Harry Reid

The Pentagon Officially Releases UFO Videos

Article by Michael Conte                            April 28, 2020                           (cnn.com)

• Between December 2017 and March 2018, Tom DeLonge’s ‘To The Stars Academy of Arts & Sciences’ first released three US Navy videos of UAPs/UFOs. One of these was the infamous “Tic Tac” UFO from 2004 which Navy pilot David Fravor remarked, ‘moved in ways he couldn’t explain’, “like a ping pong ball, bouncing off a wall.”

• Also revealed was the existence of a classified Pentagon UFO program launched in 2007 at the behest of former Nevada Senator Harry Reid. The program was allegedly ended in 2012. The former head of the Pentagon program, Luis Elizondo, said in 2017 that he personally believes “there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone.” “These aircraft,” said Elizondo, “… are displaying characteristics that are not currently within the US inventory nor in any foreign inventory that we are aware of.” Elizondo resigned from the Defense Department in 2017 in protest over the secrecy surrounding the program and the internal opposition to funding it.

• In September 2019, the Navy acknowledged the veracity of the videos. Now, the Pentagon has officially released these same three short UFO videos taken by Navy pilots on infrared cameras – one in 2004 and two others in 2015 – “in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos,” said Pentagon spokesperson Sue Gough.

• Former Senator Reid tweeted that he was “glad” the Pentagon officially released the videos, but that “it only scratches the surface of research and materials available. The U.S. needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential national security implications.”

• A spokesperson for Virginia Senator Mark Warner told CNN last summer, “If pilots at Oceana (Master Navy Jet Base in Virginia Beach) or elsewhere are reporting flight hazards that interfere with training or put them at risk, then Senator Warner wants answers. It doesn’t matter if it’s weather balloons, little green men, or something else entirely — we can’t ask our pilots to put their lives at risk unnecessarily.”

 

         Luis Elizondo

The Pentagon has officially released three short videos showing “unidentified aerial phenomena” that had previously

         Virginia Senator Mark Warner

been released by a private company.

The videos show what appear to be unidentified flying objects rapidly moving while recorded by infrared cameras. Two of the videos contain service members reacting in awe at how quickly the objects are moving. One voice speculates that it could be a drone.

The Navy previously acknowledged the veracity of the videos in September of last year. They are officially releasing them now, “in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos,” according to Pentagon spokesperson Sue Gough.

“After a thorough review, the department has determined that the authorized release of these unclassified videos does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems,” said Gough in a statement, “and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena.”

2:42 minute video on release of declassified UFOs (‘ABC News’ YouTube)

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE

 

FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.

How the Government Keeps Its UFO Information Secret

 

Article by Jazz Shaw                      February 15, 2020                        (hotair.com)

• In December 2017, the New York Times broke the story about a secret Pentagon program investigating UFOs called the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP). Since then the Pentagon has remained secretive about the program.  It has even denied that Luis Elizondo ever worked on the program, much less ran it for years. The DoD’s information keeps getting contradicted and the Pentagon can’t seem to get their story straight.

• Investigative journalist and retired Police Lieutenant Tim McMillan has been digging into the truth behind the conflicting information we’ve been getting from the Pentagon. It turns out that the Pentagon thwarted efforts by journalists using FOIA requests to get more information on AATIP by “shopping” them out to Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS) and other private operations. You may recall that BAASS received the lion’s share of the government funding when the AATIP program was created at the request of former Senator Harry Reid. Therefore, they aren’t technically “government documents” and not subject to FOIA requests. McMillan quotes sources who actually worked on the project, describing the situation as “a dizzying shell game that’s entirely consistent with how black budget intelligence programs are run.” (see Jazz Shaw’s interview of Tim McMillan below) 

• BAASS would provide the AATIP and the DIA with technical reports on exotic and potential “game-changing” aerospace technology through their research of UFOs. But the reports themselves remained the commercial property of BAASS, and the Economic Espionage Act of 1996 prohibits the disclosure of proprietary materials provided to the government in confidence. Essentially, the DIA’s UFO program was set up to circumvent FOIA requests and avoid having to discuss UFOs publicly.

• McMillan was able to obtain some of those AATIP documents from the government and from the now-defunct Bigelow Aerospace to learn that not only was AATIP real, but the program absolutely focused on UFOs. Also, McMillan has the documents to prove that the Pentagon’s AATIP program still exists under a restructured program, even though the government claimed that it ended the program in 2012. It certainly was in operation in 2017 when Elizondo left the program, and it is still in operation today.

Popular Mechanics learned that in October 2019, staffers with the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Armed Service Committee were briefed on current UAP/UFO activities with former BAASS contractors and current AATIP leaders in attendance. During a closed session with the Senate Intelligence Committee, Brigadier General Richard Stapp, Director of the DoD Special Access Program Central Office, reportedly said that these highly advanced UFOs do not belong to a secret military project. This indicates that the US military does not have that kind of advanced technology. And it is likely that China and Russia do not have this technology either. So the extraterrestrial explanation is still in play.

 

In the more than two years since the New York Times broke their bombshell story about a secret Pentagon program investigating UFOs (or UAPs, if you insist), many questions have been raised by those investigating the topic. Unfortunately, the Pentagon has had very little to say, and even when they do offer to answer some questions, those answers frequently have a rather short shelf life. In the past, we’ve explored why there is still so much secrecy surrounding the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) and how the Pentagon can’t seem to keep their stories straight. This is particularly true when it comes to their statements about Luis Elizondo, executive of To The Stars Academy and the former Defense Department official who ran AATIP for several years. (The Pentagon keeps insisting he never did, though Elizondo has his own theories as to why they’re doing this.)

Now, at long last, at least some of those mysteries have been solved. Yesterday another bombshell in this

        Tim McMillan

saga dropped at Popular Mechanics. Investigative journalist Lt. Tim McMillan (ret) has been digging into the truth behind the conflicting information we’ve been getting for months and now he’s published a lengthy and incredibly well researched and documented article that peeks behind the curtains and shines some light on the subject. (If you’ve never watched my interview with McMillan, you might want to. He’s a fascinating person in his own right and well versed in the lore of ufology.)

This article provides most of the history of AATIP, some of which we already knew, but with some shocking new information that Tim uncovered through scores of interviews and by obtaining many documents from both the government and the now-defunct Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS). BAASS, as you may recall, received the lion’s share of the government funding when the AATIP program was created at the request of former Senator Harry Reid. The first thing

 Brigadier Gen Richard Stapp

McMillan clears up beyond a shadow of a doubt is that not only was AATIP real, but it was also absolutely a program focused on UFOs. (You may recall that after initially admitting it was a UAP program, the Pentagon turned around and said it wasn’t.)
So how is the Pentagon keeping everything secret and thwarting efforts by journalists using FOIA requests to get more information on AATIP? McMillan quotes sources who actually worked on the project, describing the situation as “a dizzying shell game that’s entirely consistent with how black budget intelligence programs are run.” The trick being used involves the fact that the documents many of us have been seeking were all shopped out to BAASS and other private operations, so they aren’t technically “government documents” and not subject to FOIA requests. (Emphasis added)

According to several former AATIP contractors, the “product” being produced for the DIA was technical reports on exotic and potential “game-changing” aerospace technologies, and the manner of determining what areas these radical airborne breakthroughs might emerge was through the research of UFOs.

 

42:55 minute Jazz Shaw interview of Tim McMillan on govt secrecy (‘Townhall Media’ YouTube)

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE

 

FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.

A Reversal of OSD Pentagon Statements About AATIP?

El Pentágono de los Estados Unidos en Washington DC mirando hacia abajo la vista aérea desde arriba

Do you know that, recently, Mrs. Susan Gough (PR spokeswoman of the OSD – Office of the Secretary of Defense) allegedly/apparently wrote an email to Mr. John Greenwald (The Black Vault) saying (according to Mr. Greenwald) that AATIP did not investigate UAP (UFOs)? I still haven’t read the original letter but it is something that has to be known.

I expect more information to come out soon, from Mr. Greenwald, perhaps from Mrs. Gough, perhaps from the Navy and from TTSA.  Is it a misunderstanding or a fundamental conflict of factual information? Is it a strange strategy to confuse people?

These declarations would have to deny not only Mr. Elizondo’s but also Mr. Jim Semivan, Chris Mellon, H. Puthoff and other serious people (such as Senator Harry Reid), not only knowledgeable about classified information (and intelligence clearances) but also linked to TTSA, credible persons who today – as a whole – guarantee that AATIP did investigate UAPs (UFOs). 

Is all of this a confusion or a reversal of policy? 

It doesn’t seem to make sense but (if the information shared by Mr. Greenwald is accurate) WHY would this be happening now? Do some persons “in the know” want to lock the cat back after it came out of the box?

Or is Mr. Greenwald’s information not very clear? Or perhaps is this the old pattern of those who try to control what the population knows, using the practice of revelation followed by denial? (However, this revealing was to one or a few individuals only before the denial).

Is it a mistake from Mrs. Gough who doesn’t know all the information? Or has she been told to say that? Is this a strategy from a faction inside those “in the know” because something else is in the offing? Is this apart of an old plan or a new move?

In terms of UFO disclosure, the “powers that be” follow a pattern of revealing and denying information to society as Randy Koppang and Grant Cameron would likely agree. They usually reveal something to one or a few individuals and later deny it after these individuals have been used to deliver a message to society. But this time they would be denying a whole team of intelligence- savy VIPs gathered in TTSA.

A few days before, another letter by Mrs. Gough (in response to an SCU (Scientific Coalition for Ufology request) publicly shared by Mr. Greenwald) stated that the U.S. Navy only had the “source” videos similar in quality and in length of the 3 videos shown to the public through TTSA (“GIMBAL” “GO FAST” and “FLIR 1”). That these were not classified. She doesn’t actually deny that there may be full-length and higher quality “original ” videos somewhere else but seems to be minimizing or trying to minimize expectations from the general public regarding what the U.S. Navy (and, by extrapolation, the Government in general) may have.

What is happening here?

—————————————————————————

LINK to John Greenwald’s report in The Black Vault:

The Pentagon Corrects Record on “Secret UFO Program”

  • 1
  • 2
  • 4

Copyright © 2019 Exopolitics Institute News Service. All Rights Reserved.