Listen to “E26 7-11-19 Harry Reid Happy to Talk UFOs and Science, Not ‘Little Green Men’” on Spreaker.
by Ray Hagar June 29, 2019 (lasvegassun.com)
• On June 25th, former US Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev) appeared on “Nevada Newsmakers”, a local Las Vegas radio show and internet podcast. Reid defended the $22 million he earmarked for the Pentagon to study UFOs under the secret Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) from 2007 to 2012. The New York Post reports that the Pentagon’s UFO investigations continue to this day.
• Reid said of UFO studies, “We know that China is doing it… We know that Russia, which is led by someone within the KGB, is doing it, too. So we better take a look at it too.” Reid considers UFO research a matter of national security. He noted that UFOs have been sighted near military installations in South Dakota and elsewhere and that some of the most credible reports have come from military pilots.
• Reid said that the government’s UFO investigations “… showed that not two people, four people or six people or 20 people but hundreds of hundreds of people have seen these things, sometimes all at the same time.” “It is no longer just speculation that people see these unidentified flying objects.”
• Reid said that former US Senator Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, who died in 2010, helped push to fund the research. Ted Stevens told Reid, ‘I’ve wanted to look into (UFOs) since I was in the Army Air Corps.’ ‘I was flying an airplane and there was a vehicle that was right with me and I could not get rid of it. I would go up, down, sideways, whatever. Then I went down to the ground and asked ‘what was that up there?’ And they said they saw nothing.”
• Reid said he was happy to talk about the AATIP program, “as long as we are not talking about little green men. If you want to talk about science, I’m all in.”
• [Editor’s Note] Reid refuses to go all the way and admit to the extraterrestrial presence that the government has been covering up since WWII. He must certainly know much more than he is letting on. But he has to remain credible to the conservative skeptics who go out of their way to ridicule and debunk anything UFO/ET related. This is their game plan, just as it is with Tom DeLonge’s ‘To The Stars Academy’ whose members include some who were involved in the AATIP program, to offer to the public only a “limited hangout” of new information on the presence of extraterrestrial-based UFOs. While most in the UFO community believe that the only real answer is full disclosure, those with government ties seem to feel that the public would freak out if they had all of the facts. This is a current point of debate. But it is unfortunate that Harry Reid himself feels that he needs to resort to ridicule by mocking those who believe they have seen “little green men”. One day, a little green man from outer space may very well use the mass media to make an international address to the planet.
Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid defended the $22 million he earmarked to study UFOs when he was in office, saying the nation must keep up with similar programs by rival nations.
“We know that China is doing it,” Reid said of UFO studies. “We know that Russia, which is led by someone within the KGB, is doing it, too, so we better take a look at it, too.”
Appearing Tuesday on “Nevada Newsmakers,” the Nevada Democrat told host Sam Shad that he secured the $22 million to begin the secret Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) in 2007, and the program was funded and supervised by the Pentagon until 2012.
The New York Post has reported the Pentagon’s investigation into sightings of alien spacecraft continues to this day.
“We got a volume of research that was done, $22 million worth of research,” Reid said. “It showed that not two people, four people or six people or 20 people but hundreds of hundreds of people have seen these things, sometimes all at the same time,” he said.
“It is no longer just speculation that people see these unidentified flying objects,” said Reid, who called UFO research a matter of national security.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.