by Stacia Briggs and Siofra Connor May 5, 2018 (edp24.co.uk)
• In 1954 a series of UFOs were seen in the skies above Norfolk, England. Then they vanished.
• On March 1, 1954 at 6:15 pm, Norwich residents Mr and Mrs Goreham spotted a “very bright round ball” which moved across the sky, spinning and then forming into the shape of a triangle. “It had a bright ray of light round the whole of it. It disappeared three times while we were watching it.” Neigbors Mr and Mrs Cubitt and Edith Capes in a nearby town also saw and reported the craft. It had a “white or light-coloured band and blue to green top… it seemed as if the top of the ball was opening like a domed lid.” There were also sightings in the area on March 4th and March 8th.
• In June 1954, a cigar-shaped craft in the skies was reported which roared and was “flaming red” at one end. Between September 15th and 21st, six witnesses in four localities. Mr Rayner of North Elmham reported seeing “flying shapes, one resembling a cigar, the other a saucer. The round thing was as big as a Canberra bomber, the other was like a double-sized Flying Fortress fuselage”. Similar craft were seen by others during this period, with one 12-year-old reporting a green, egg-shaped object moving over a park.
• On October 2, 1954, a blue-white square craft was seen, silently revolving with several large and small lights. There were four sightings on October 21 from various towns when a UFO was spotted travelling at “tremendous speed” across the night sky. Keith Watts reported a UFO near Norwich that “streaked across the sky, leaving in its rear a brilliant glow for a brief moment.” David Coley said the object looked like a comet with its “glowing trail”. Ronald Lincoln saw a bright ball of light drop 600 feet like a stone before stopping and speeding off.
• By the end of November 1954, at dusk on evening an anonymous witness reported a UFO craft “moving very slowly away towards the south – it was sausage-shaped and aluminium in colour.”
• Did the witnesses see top secret military aircraft being tested over the skies of the county? Or did they catch sight of extraterrestrial visitors taking a closer look at the east of England?
• [Editor’s Note] Or did these folks see early spacecraft built and operated by the Nazi remnant in Antarctica, the same Nazi group that had buzzed the US Capitol in 1952? Or were they Vril spacecraft built by the more benevolent German group led by Maria Orsic and her “Space Brothers”? See the 1:31 minute video for more on these Norfolk, England sightings below.
It was the year J RR Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings was published, Roger Bannister broke the four-minute mile, Winston Churchill was Prime Minister and rationing came to an end. And 1954 was also the year that a series of Unidentified Flying Objects were seen in the skies above Norfolk, just a year after the term ‘UFO’ had been coined by the United States Air Force.
The first major sightings came in the first week of March, as winter’s grip remained in the east with uncommonly low temperatures and snow flurries holding back the onset of spring and sending most people indoors to stay warm by the fire.
But on Alexandra Road in Norwich on March 1 at around 6.15pm, it wasn’t snow that led Mr and Mrs Goreham to look up to the skies: the couple had spotted a “very bright round ball” which moved across the sky, spinning and then forming into the shape of a triangle.
“It had a bright ray of light round the whole of it. It disappeared three times while we were watching it.”
At nearby Lawson Road, Mr and Mrs Cubitt watched a round object in the sky “like a child’s humming top with a white or light-coloured band and blue to green top… it seemed as if the top of the ball was opening like a domed lid.” Both couples sketched what they had seen. Edith Capes of Paston saw a similar craft at 7pm – her description was almost identical: the object looked like a top, coloured blue and green and with a band of light round the middle. Letters to the EDP on the subject led to two further reports, a sighting on March 4 in Lowestoft and another on March 8 in Norwich.
After one sighting in Aylsham in June of a large cigar-shaped craft which roared and was “flaming red” at one end, the reports dried up. Until September.There were six witnesses in Overstrand, North Elmham, Trunch and Norwich who all reported seeing something strange in the sky between September 15 and 21.Mr Rayner of North Elmham reported seeing “flying shapes, one resembling a cigar, the other a saucer. The round thing was as big as a Canberra bomber, the other was like a double-sized Flying Fortress fuselage”.
A day later, a similar object was seen in Overstrand, four days after that there were two sightings, one in Overstrand and one in Trunch.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.