Article by Emma Parry October 8, 2020 (thesun.co.uk)
• In the book, Russia’s USO Secrets, co-author British UFO investigator Philip Mantle has collected stories about Russian/Soviet Navy encounters with UFOs and ‘USOs – ‘unidentified submerged objects’ – dating back to World War II, based on unclassified Russian documents and accounts from military veterans.
• Former nuclear submarine commander, Yury Beketov, related an incident that occurred in 2009 within the ‘Bermuda Triangle’. The submarine’s instruments repeatedly “detected the movements of material objects at unimaginable speed, around 230 knots (400 km per hour)” under the sea. “The beings that created those material objects significantly exceed us in development,” remarked Beketov.
• Another account is given by a Russian Navy veteran during the Cold War. They would see UFOs flying in towards them, and then dive down beneath the waves. In one incident, the sub’s captain ordered depth charges to be dropped into the path of a USO, which then changed direction and sped off.
• In another encounter, a Russian submarine crew watched as a cigar shaped UFO shot three beams of light down into the Atlantic Ocean. The UFO was about 250 meters long, and slowly descended into the ocean making a strange hissing sound about half a mile from the submarine. The object could not be tracked on radar, however.
• Russian Lieutenant-Commander Oleg Sokolov told his students that while on duty he once spotted, through a submarine periscope, a strange object rising out of the water. Marine scientists in the port city of Sevastopol, Ukraine, claimed they spotted a huge “wheel” rotating below the Black Sea while they were deep sea diving. Other UFOs have appeared over Soviet submarine bases forcing the Soviet General Staff to take them seriously.
• In a 1951 incident, a Soviet submarine encountered a gigantic underwater object heading towards the shore. The captain ordered depth bombs to be dropped into the path of the USO. The USO did not react to the attack and stayed on its course before darting towards the surface. At a depth of 50 meters, it stopped its ascent, changed course and departed.
• In July 1978, Soviet sailors aboard the ship, Yargora, observed a UFO in the Mediterranean. The ship’s captain sent a radiogram to the Soviet Academy of Sciences in Moscow telling them the object was shaped like a flattened-out sphere and was a white pearl color.
• The book publishes the results of a study by the Anomalous Phenomena Commission of the Russian Geographical Society in Saint Petersburg, which concluded that: “UFOs are real”. The author, Mantle, notes that, “[B]oth Russian and American subs have encountered USO’s in various parts of the world.” “More and more researchers around the world are taking a closer look at the … USO phenomena, [which] looks… to be the future of UFO research in general.”
In scenes straight out of a Hollywood movie, Soviet subs are playing a game of cat and mouse with strange underwater craft, according to a new book called Russia’s USO Secrets, by Brit investigator Philip Mantle, based on Russian documents and accounts from military veterans.
Describing a bizarre incident in the Bermuda Triangle in 2009, former nuclear submarine commander Yury Beketov said: “We repeatedly observed that the instruments detected the movements of material objects at unimaginable speed, around 230 knots (400 km per hour).
“It’s hard to reach that speed on the surface – only in the air [is it possible]… The beings that created those material objects significantly exceed us in development.”
The book also contains accounts from Russian veterans about their close encounters – including hostile acts – at sea during the Cold War.
They have described how UFOs would apparently appear in the sky before diving down beneath the waves.
In one terrifying incident, a captain ordered depth charges to be dropped into the path of a USO which changed direction and sped off.
Lieutenant-Commander Oleg Sokolov told students that while on duty he spotted a strange object through a periscope rising out of the water.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.