Harry Reid Wants Hearings on What the Military Knows About UFOs: ‘They Would Be Surprised How the American Public Would Accept It’
by Chris Ciaccia June 14, 2019 (foxnews.com)
• Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev pictured above) told KNPR, the National Public Radio affiliate in Las Vegas, he wishes lawmakers would hold public hearings into what the military knows about UFOs. “They would be surprised how the American public would accept it,” Reid said on air.
• Reid himself was the lawmaker behind the $22M funding for the Pentagon’s AATIP UFO study program from 2007 to 2012, as reported by the New York Times in December 2017. (see article here) “That money was spent developing page after page of information,” said Reid. “[T]here’s been a lot of activity since that.” Reid says that he sees this as a national security issue, noting that he believes both Russia and China are looking into the issue. Last month, the Pentagon admitted to the New York Post that it is still actively investigating claimed sightings of alien spacecraft. (see article here)
• This past April, the US Navy announced new guidelines for Navy personnel reporting encounters with “unidentified aircraft” in response to more sightings of unknown, advanced aircraft flying into or near Navy strike groups or other sensitive military facilities. (see article here)
• On Fox News & Friends, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Christopher Mellon remarked, “We know that UFOs exist. This is no longer an issue.” “The issue is why are they here? Where are they coming from and what is the technology behind these devices that we are observing?” (see article here)
• In January, the Defense Intelligence Agency revealed its funding of projects investigating wormholes, alternate dimensions, and other advanced propulsion technology research topics associated with UFOs (see article here).
Nearly two years after it was reported that the Pentagon set up a secret program to investigate UFOs at the request of former Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid, the former senator is clamoring for Congress to look into what the military knows about their existence.
Speaking with Nevada’s KNPR, Reid said he wishes lawmakers would hold public hearings into what the military knows.
“They would be surprised how the American public would accept it,” he said during the wide-ranging interview. “People from their individual states would accept it.”
Reid, who was able to get $22 million in funding for the study of military sightings of UFOs, said that his office produced a plethora of reports on the subject.
“That money was spent developing page after page of information,” he added. “Where people in the past had seen things and not one person but hundreds of people as a result of that there’s been a lot of activity since that.”
Reid mentioned that he would like further research into a topic he sees as a national security issue, noting that he believes both Russia and China are looking into the issue.
In December 2017, both The New York Times and Politico published stories that revealed the existence of the Pentagon’s now-defunct Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program. The New York Times said the UFO program began in 2007, while Politico reported it began in 2009.
Last month, the Pentagon admitted to the New York Post that it is still actively investigating claimed sightings of alien spacecraft, despite claiming that it shut down the AATIP program in 2012.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.