Article by Lindsey Evans November 20, 2019 (oddee.com)
• The 1950’s and 1960’s were they heyday of UFO sightings, experiences and abductions. It could be exciting and terrifying at the same time. Here are five weird UFO sightings:
• The Flatwoods Monster 1952 West Virginia – A group of local boys and a woman all witnessed a fireball falling from the sky near Braxton. A highly noxious odor overwhelmed them and they saw a 10-foot tall monster with glowing red eyes and a spade-shaped head floating toward them. Both journalists and scientists investigated the site, but released no formal reports. (see previous ExoArticle here)
• Airmen Disappearance 1953 Lake Superior – A pair of unusual blips appeared on military radar traveling across the sky. Airmen First Lieutenant Felix Moncla and Second Lieutenant Robert L. Wilson were dispatched in their Scorpion jet to investigate. Ground radar watched the two blips come closer to each other as the military jet approached until they were one blip. The radar operators assumed that the Scorpion must have flown over or under it. But the Scorpion had disappeared, and the original phenomena continued on its original flight path. Search and rescue teams couldn’t find any trace of the men or the plane.
• Levelland UFO Case 1957 Levelland, Texas – Over the course of a single night, police in Levelland fielded calls from 15 separate motorists describing similar incidents. In all of them, the individuals vehicle died as they approached a large, egg-shaped object in the road. The egg would take off, and power returned to their car. Some described thunderous noise and extreme heat.
• Betty and Barney Hill Abduction 1961 New Hampshire – The couple observed a UFO descend from space and follow them down an isolated road. Unseen forces stopped their car and four foot tall humanoid creatures led them aboard the spaceship and subjected them to medical examinations. Their memories were wiped, but Betty recalled many of the details during a series of vivid dreams (and hypnosis) later on.
• Snippy the Horse Mutilation 1967 Alamosa, Colorado – Agnes King found the body of Snippy in a field, the head and neck de-fleshed. She picked up a piece of metal from the ground next to the horse’s body with horse’s hair on the implement. It was hot enough to burn her. There was a rumor that the horse’s tracks ended 100 feet from where they found the body.
The middle of the last century, before we went to the moon and immediately after, were the real heyday of UFO sightings. There were unexplained phenomena in the world, plus nuclear testing, military testing and no information highway. On the one hand, it must have been exciting to think you were witnessing an unexplained alien event. On the other, truly terrifying to imagine that alone on a dark road, aliens could abduct you to outer space. It was a world before drones, blimps, and missile testing explain can every bizarre phenomenon and strange sighting.
The Flatwoods Monster. 1952. West Virginia. A group of local boys and a woman all witnessed a fireball falling from the sky near Braxton. A highly noxious odor overwhelmed them and they saw a 10-foot tall monster with glowing red eyes and a spade-shaped head coming floating on top of the air as it approached them. Both journalists and scientists investigated the site, but released no formal reports.
Airmen Disappearance. 1953. Lake Superior. The airbase scrambled First Lieutenant Felix Moncla and Second Lieutenant Robert L. Wilson in their Scorpion jet to investigate unusual radar sightings. The phenomena appeared as two blips, that joined to form one blip the closer the airmen got in their jet. Ground control assumed that Moncla flew over or under the other aircraft and would circle around, but the Scorpion had disappeared, and the original phenomena continued on its original flight path. Search and rescue dispatched, but couldn’t find any trace of the men or the plane.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.