Existence of UFOs ‘Proven Beyond Reasonable Doubt’, Says Former Chief of Real-Life ‘X-Files’ Department at the Pentagon
December 24, 2017 (dailymail.co.uk)
• The former head of a Pentagon UFO Program unveiled on December 16th, Luis Elizondo, said that UFOs visiting Earth has been ‘proved beyond reasonable doubt’. Elizondo told The Independent: “I think it’s pretty clear this is not us, and it’s not anyone else. So one has to ask the question where they’re from.”
• In addition to interviewing pilots and military personnel who reported experiences with UFOs ‘acting in a way that seemed to be beyond human beings’ current capabilities’, the program also investigated the science of ‘wormholes’ and ‘warp drives’. Elizondo further stated that UFOs have often been found near nuclear and power plants.
• Elizondo said he resigned from the Pentagon program in October because he believes the government needs to provide more funding and support to UFO research. He immediately joined up with Tom DeLonge to form ‘To The Stars Academy’.
• The DoD UFO program was created by then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada), with the support of the late Senators Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii) and Republican Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), based upon their fears that the unexplained phenomena could be advanced weaponry or technology from foreign states such as Russia or China which could threaten the US, and therefore posed a national security issue.
• After seven years, and ‘very little to show for it’, Reid decided it wasn’t worth continuing. The program ostensibly ceased in 2012, but according to its backers the program remains in existence and officials continue to investigate UFO episodes brought to their attention by service members.
• Speaking to CNN, Elizondo said: ‘My personal belief is that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone. (see video below)
The former head of a Pentagon program to understand the mysteries of UFOs has said that such objects visiting Earth had been ‘proved beyond reasonable doubt’.
Speaking to The Telegraph, former Intelligence Officer Luis Elizondo said that unidentified flying objects of advanced capabilities have been seen ‘lots’ over the years.
Elizondo, who presided over the Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program until two months ago, told The Independent: ‘I think it’s pretty clear this is not us, and it’s not anyone else, so one has to ask the question where they’re from.’
The program, inaugurated in 2007 and funded with $22million of government funds, was revealed to the public earlier this month.
Elizondo further said that UFOs have often been found near nuclear and power plants.
He said he resigned from his government job because he believes the government needs to provide more funding and support.
The Defense Department finally acknowledged the existence of its long-secret UFO investigation program earlier this month, when officials shifted attention and funding to other priorities.
Its initial funding came largely at the request of former Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat long known for his enthusiasm for space phenomena, the newspaper said.
The program was created by then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada), with the support of the late Senators Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii) and Republican Ted Stevens (R-Alaska).
Their fears were that the unexplained phenomena could be advanced weaponry or technology from foreign states such as Russia or China which could threaten the US.
‘Was this China or Russia trying to do something or has some propulsion system we are not familiar with?’ a former staffer told Politico.
While Elizondo, who ran the initiative, stressed he wanted to take the ‘voodoo’ out of a ‘voodoo science,’ the program investigated some issues that sound like they’re straight out of a science fiction movie.
They included ‘wormholes’ and ‘warp drives’ as well as interviewing pilots and military personnel who reported experiences with UFOs.
Elizondo said that many of the Navy pilots described aircraft moving and acting in a way that seemed to be beyond human beings’ current capabilities.
‘We had never seen anything like it,’ he said.
The former staffer said that Reid believed there could be a valid national security issue and so agreed to fund the program.
But after a few years, and very little to show for it, Reid decided it wasn’t worth continuing.
‘After a while the consensus was we really couldn’t find anything of substance,’ he recalled. ‘They produced reams of paperwork. After all of that there was really nothing there that we could find. It all pretty much dissolved from that reason alone—and the interest level was losing steam. We only did it a couple years.’
‘There was really nothing there that we could justify using taxpayer money,’ he added. ‘We let it die a slow death. It was well spent money in the beginning.’
According to the Pentagon, the program ‘ended in the 2012 timeframe.’
Yet according to its backers, the program remains in existence and officials continue to investigate UFO episodes brought to their attention by service members, the newspaper said.
The Pentagon openly acknowledged the fate of the program in response to a Reuters query.
‘The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program ended in the 2012 timeframe,’ Pentagon spokeswoman Laura Ochoa said in an email.
‘It was determined that there were other, higher priority issues that merited funding and it was in the best interest of the DoD to make a change,’ she said.
But the Pentagon was less clear about whether the UFO program continues to hover somewhere in the vast universe of the U.S. defense establishment.
‘The DoD takes seriously all threats and potential threats to our people, our assets, and our mission and takes action whenever credible information is developed,’ Ochoa said.
What is less in doubt is former senator Reid’s enthusiasm for UFOs and his likely role in launching the Pentagon initiative to identify advanced aviation threats.
‘If you’ve talked to Harry Reid for 60 seconds then it’s the least surprising thing ever that he loves UFOs and got an earmark to study them,’ former Reid spokeswoman Kristen Orthman said in a message on Twitter.
Or as Reid himself said in a tweet that linked to the Times’ story: ‘The truth is out there. Seriously.’
Elizondo has since joined former Blink 182 vocalist Tom DeLonge’s company To The Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences – described as a ‘public benefit corporation’ that has ‘mobilized a team of the most experienced, connected and passionately curious minds from the U.S. intelligence community, including the CIA, Department of Defense, who have been operating under the shadows of top-secrecy for decades.’
Speaking to CNN, he said: ‘My personal belief is that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.