Research Shows One in Two People are Believers as National Alien Day Approaches
• Today, April 26th, is National Alien Day (the ET kind). Statistics from the global public opinion company, YouGov.com reveals that 1 in 2 people in the U.S, UK, and Germany believe that intelligent extraterrestrial life exists in the universe.
• NY Magazine commented that “just 30 years ago, we had not discovered a single planet outside our solar system; now we know of more than 3,000 of them, and we know nearly every star in the night sky has at least one planet in its orbit”.
• Given this high number of believers, celebrities are no longer afraid to come forward with their own stories. Ariana Grande and Katy Perry are open believers, as was Winston Churchill. Khloe Kardashian says she saw a UFO. Former teen heartthrob Zayn Malik says he left the boy band One Direction because an alien told him to do so in a dream.
• The US military believes so much that a decade ago it allocated $22M toward a Pentagon program to investigate UFOs.
• [Editor’s Note] People are slowly awakening to the reality of an extraterrestrial presence here on Earth. That is worth celebrating on this National Alien Day.
It’s National Alien Day on Thursday (April 26) and stats by YouGov show one in two people in the UK, Germany and the US believe there is intelligent life out there in the universe.
That’s over half, which means rather than a ‘far-out crazy concept’, the person sitting next to you in the salon, your boss or even your next-door neighbour is probably a believer.
And that’s not taking into account whether you think there are other worldly creatures out there.
People aren’t shy about their suspicions either and the red-carpet crew are happy to put their hands up when it comes to possible alien encounters.
Khloe Kardashian tweeted about seeing strange lights in the sky.
Hillary Clinton wanted files about UFOs to be made public during her presidential campaign.
Zayn Malik told Glamour that his decision to leave One Direction came after an alien spoke to him in a dream.
Ariana Grande and Katy Perry have both spoken openly about being obsessed with aliens.
Even Winston Churchill was said to be a believer.
Whereas a few years ago UFO sightings would have been shrugged off, (17 per cent of people believe we’ve been contacted by intelligent life but that the government has covered it up), attitudes are changing.
The New York Times recently published that the Pentagon has invested $22M in investigating UFOs over the last five years and that aliens might actually be visiting us.
NY Magazine also commented that “just 30 years ago, we had not discovered a single planet outside our solar system; now we know of more than 3,000 of them, and we know nearly every star in the night sky has at least one planet in its orbit”.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.