by Brent Swancer February 7, 2018 (mysteriousuniverse.org)
• Portals and stargates are believed to be mechanisms by which beings may instantaneously travel to and from great distances and the Earth, where the portal or stargate is located. Portals occur naturally while stargates are artificially constructed.
• The Puerta de Hayu Marca, or “The Gate of the Gods” stargate is located near Lake Titicaca in Peru. It consists of a block 22 feet x 22 feet, with an inset “door” measuring 7 feet high, carved into the rock. The ancient Incas believed that the larger of the two “doorways” was used by the gods to travel between worlds, whereas the smaller one was for mortals. According to legend, an Incan priest fleeing from invading Spaniards in the early 16th century used a key to open the stargate, disappeared into a tunnel of light with the key, and was never heard from again.
• The “Gate of the Sun” is located within the ancient ruins of the city of Tiahuanaco, in Bolivia. Discovered in the 1800’s, the gate is an arch hewn from a single massive block of stone. It was said that the gate was used to travel from one dimension or world to the other.
• “The Stargate of Sri Lanka” is identified by strange symbols carved into stone on a grid measuring around 6 feet in diameter and located in a rocky wilderness on the island.
• Buried under the remains of the Mesopotamian city of Eridu near the Euphrates River in modern day Iraq is an ancient Sumerian stargate. Researcher Elizabeth Vegh believes that this stargate is mentioned to in Chapter 9 of the Book of Revelations as “the pit of the abyss”.
• A popular stargate in Egypt is at Abu Ghurab, known as “The Crow’s Nest” located near the Great Pyramid of Giza. It was built in 2400 BC as a temple to worship the god Ra and once stood about 15 feet high. It is said that it could harness certain vibrations and earth energies to directly communicate with sacred spirits or beings that occasionally visited Earth, possibly through Abu Ghurab itself, essentially making it a stargate.
• In Southeastern Arizona is a stone archway standing in the middle of nowhere, measuring 7 feet high and 5 feet wide with columns 15 inches in diameter. According to local Native American lore, people have vanished by walking through the archway.
• Near Nasiriyah, Iraq is another ancient Sumerian stargate hidden within an ancient ziggurat. After it was discovered the 1920’s, the Nazi’s expended great resources studying it during WWII, and some say that the Anglo-Iraqi War of 1941 was started as a means to control and exploit the stargate within. Some also believe that Saddam Hussein moved the stargate to a cavern underneath his palace in Baghdad and that the real reason for the Iraq War in 2003 was for the US military to seize the stargate for its own purposes. This palace now occupies the center of the American “green zone” in Baghdad.
• This article quotes Dr. Michael Salla: “Essentially more and more people are coming forward saying that they have been involved in these classified programs where these technologies are used quite regularly and that they are found all over the planet. Iraq is just one place they’re found. They are also located in places like Iran and Syria, which is why there is a push for America to go into Iran and intervene in the Syrian civil war. All this is very significant in what drives international conflict.”
The ancient world is infused with all manner of mysteries that have perplexed us or faded into history, and among these were the myriad remarkable inventions and displays of knowledge often shown by various peoples of the past, ranging from great feats of engineering, to strange devices, to remarkably accurate maps of the stars, and more. Often inexplicable and baffling, these curiosities demonstrate that, far from being primitives, these ancients often had access to technology and skills far ahead of their times. But some incredible artifacts, structures, and sites discovered around the world seem to suggest that this knowledge may have passed even beyond that, to reach out into the world of science fiction and fantasy and hint at a possible ability to step through doorways in order to traverse time and space or to somehow move through dimensions or worlds. Here is a look at some of these anomalous portals and stargates of the ancients.
Standing at Hayu Marca in Peru is a structure that consists of two apparent stone “archways,” with one measuring exactly 22 feet by 22 feet, and another smaller one measuring about 7 feet high, both carved into sheer rock. While the structure is mysterious and fascinating enough as it is, the legends and rumors that surround it are even more so. The ancient Incas believed that the larger of the two “doorways” was used by the gods to travel between worlds, whereas the smaller one was for mortals, and together they earned the name Puerta de Hayu Marca, or “The Gate of the Gods,” which could supposedly only be opened through a special ritual and a key shaped like a golden disc, called “The Key of the Gods of the Seven Rays,” which was said to have fallen from the sky long ago.
This gateway was allegedly used to great effect in the 16th century, when Spanish explorers came through hunting for gold and other valuable treasure. According to the tale, one Incan priest named Amaru Maru decided that he was not going to let the gateway key fall into Spanish hands, so he retreated to the doorway, performed the required rites, and inserted the key to open it. There then supposedly appeared a brilliant tunnel of light, into which the priest disappeared off to the land of the gods, never to be seen again.
The Hayu Marca Gate of the Gods would later be forgotten for centuries, lost to the winds of time, and its eventual rediscovery would turn out to be almost as weird as the legends associated with it. In 1996, a tour guide named Jose Luis Delgado Mamani stumbled upon the remote, long-lost ruins completely by accident, although he would later claim that he had for years had strange dreams of a doorway full of blinding blue light and a shimmering tunnel somewhere out in the jungle. Jose would say of his discovery and these dreams:
When I saw the structure for the first time, I almost passed out. I have dreamed of such a construction repeatedly over the years, but in the dream the path to the door was paved with pink marble, and with pink marble statues lining either side of the path. In the dream, I also saw that the smaller door was open and there was a brilliant blue light coming from what looked like a shimmering tunnel. I have commented to my family many times about these dreams, and so when I finally gazed upon the doorway, it was like a revelation from God… How do you make order of such a strange occurrence?
Interestingly, examination of the structure itself would show that there is indeed an alcove in the rock about just the right size and shape to hold a disc-like object. Additionally, there have been those who have claimed to have experienced strange sensations when near the gateway, such as anomalous noises, including music and whispers, as well as hallucinations of stars and “columns of fire,” and there are claims that a certain energy can be felt reverberating through the rock when touched. Was this ancient site really some sort of magical portal? If so who made it and why? It is unknown.
Also in South America is the “Gate of the Sun,” located within the ancient ruins of the city of Tiahuanaco, in Bolivia, which was once the capital of a great empire stretching from Bolivia all the way into Peru and Chile. The city is steeped in ancient lore, with the original inhabitants believing that the Sun god, Viracocha, had chosen this location to create the human race, and it was said that he used this gate to travel from one dimension or world to the other. The gate itself is an arch hewn from a single massive block of stone, which has etched onto its surface various images of strange winged figures with curled up tails and wearing what appear to be helmets, as well as a carving of the sun god himself, complete with beams of light emanating from behind him as he dramatically wields two staves.
The gateway has been said to have perhaps opened between worlds, but that it was damaged in some unspecified catastrophe, and sure enough when it was discovered by outsiders in the 1800s it was found to be toppled over onto its side with a large crack in the top right portion. It is unknown how this happened, but it certainly seems in keeping with the legend that it was destroyed and rendered inoperable in some event. Since the true purpose of the mysterious stone archway and the source of this damage is unknown, is it possible that it was once some sort of stargate? Interestingly, The Gate of the Sun is thought to lie along the same “grid line” as the gate in Hayu Marca, and the two undeniably resemble each other somewhat. Were the two connected somehow or even fashioned by the same mysterious, inscrutable builders? We will probably never know.
In Sri Lanka there is a place nestled within the remote rocky wilderness and caves of Ranmasu Uyana, or “Gold Fish Park,” between the Thissa Wewa reservoir and the Isurumuniya Rock Temple, where there were found numerous strange symbols carved into stone on a grid measuring around 6 feet in diameter, and even more bizarrely four stone seats located directly in front of it. It has been speculated that the symbols represent some sort of code-key to open a gateway between worlds, or even an ancient star map of some sort, which is called the Sakwala Chakraya, or roughly “The rotating circle of the Universe,” more commonly referred to as “The Stargate of Sri Lanka.” There is very little known about the creators of this particular site or even exactly how old it is, leaving its ultimate role mysterious.
There is said to be an ancient stargate lost and hidden at the Euphrates River as well. According to researcher Elizabeth Vegh, who has written several books on ancient stargates, this portal is buried under the ruins and remains of the Mesopotamian city of Eridu, and which has remained utterly lost to us. This stargate is claimed to be connected to Sumerian gods and kings, which Vegh believes regularly used such portals to travel around the universe. She even claims that the lost stargate is mentioned in the Bible in Chapter 9 of the Book of Revelations, which says:
Then the fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from heaven to earth, and it was given the key to the pit of the abyss. The star opened the pit of the abyss, and smoke rose out of it like the smoke of a great furnace, and the sun and the air were darkened by the smoke from the pit. And out of the smoke, locusts descended on the earth.
Vegh is convinced that this mention of the “Abyss” is referring to the stargate, which in this particular case seems to have led to someplace perhaps not very pleasant. Whether this passage is actually talking about portals or not, the idea of Sumerian stargates is somewhat supported by the occasional strange discoveries of depictions of Sumerian gods or kings using such devices, such as a seal with a god appearing on a stairway surrounded by what appears to be columns of water, and another that depicts the god Ninurta standing at a gateway ready to push a button while wearing what appears to be a modern wristwatch, of all things. Ancient Sumeria is often claimed to have had some of the most ancient of the supposed stargates, and were said to be portals used by entities from another world to travel between this planet and a mythical world called Niburu. It all sounds pretty far-fetched to be sure, but these ancient peoples certainly seemed to believe it. Is there anything to it at all?
Considering its role as an important ancient civilization, it is perhaps no surprise that Egypt should have its own alleged stargates. Perhaps the most well-known of these is the site called Abu Ghurab, located at the Abu Sir Pyramids and just about a 20-minute drive from the Great Pyramid of Giza. Commonly called “The Crow’s Nest,” Abu Ghurab is thought to have been built by the 5th Dynasty pharaoh Niussere in around 2400 B.C. as a temple to worship the god Ra. The site itself has deteriorated considerably over the centuries, to the point that it is now practically mostly rubble, but it is believed that it once stood around 15 feet high and likely imitated the sun temple at On, or Heliopolis.
One curiosity of the highly sacred site is a massive platform fashioned from alabaster, which is formed into in the shape of the Khemetian symbol Hotep, which stands for “peace.” Although the exact purpose of this platform has been lost to history, according to one theory by a researcher of ancient Egypt named Abd’El Hakim Awyan, it was used to harness and channel certain vibrations and earth energies, to convey a kind of harmonic resonance, in order to create an enhanced sense of enlightenment and awareness of the universe. This supposedly allowed one to attune themselves to the universe and to directly communicate with sacred spirits of the universe called the Neters, which were beings said to have on occasion actually visited Earth, possibly through Abu Ghurab itself, essentially making it a stargate. Unfortunately, we will probably never know if this was true or based on any sort of reality, or if it is all pure legend.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.