• On September 15th, NASA launched its most advanced space laser satellite on a three-year mission to track ice loss around the world and improve forecasts of sea level rise as the climate warms. The $1 billion, half-ton, ICESat-2 satellite was launched aboard a Delta II rocket from Vandenberg Air Force base in California. This will follow-up the original ICESat mission that lasted from 2003 to 2009.
• The first ICESat revealed that sea ice was thinning, and ice cover was disappearing from coastal areas in Greenland and Antarctica. In the intervening nine years, an aircraft mission called Operation IceBridge, has flown over the Arctic and Antarctic, taking height measurements of the changing ice.
• “The mission will gather enough data to estimate the annual elevation change in the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets even if it’s as slight as four millimeters – the width of a No. 2 pencil,” NASA said in a statement. The new space laser will fire 10,000 times per second, compared to the original ICESat which fired 40 times a second, with measurements taken every 2.3 feet (0.7 meters) along the satellite’s path.
• The space laser will have the ability to monitor the changes taking place within the ice. This will improve NASA’s knowledge of areas such as the deep interior of Antarctica, which is “one such area of mystery,” said Tom Wagner, cryosphere program scientist at NASA.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNews with any copyright issue.
by Eric Limer June 21, 2018 (popularmechanics.com)
• The venerable Revell model company (acquired last year by Quantum Capital Partners) was forced to terminate their line of scale models depicting the Nazi Haunebu II spacecraft due to a complaint by the Dresden Military History Museum in Germany of its’ historical inaccuracy and lack of disclosure thereof on the packaging. The model’s packaging said that the Haunebu II was the first object able to fly in space with a top speed of over 3700 mph.
• According to the museum, the Haunebu II never existed. The source states that the toy model represents a historical narrative that overestimates the Nazi’s level of technology and scientific innovations and serve to mythologize the fascist regime.
• Dresden Military History Museum historian Jens Wehner told a German newspaper, “At that time [of WWII] it was technologically impossible to build something like this. … Enthusiasts can use this as a strategy to cast doubt on what we know today about National Socialism.” For good measure, Wehner added that the Nazi’s were unable to do anything ambitious, citing an over-sized tank that was tactically useless.
• And for the article’s writer’s part, he informs his readers that “there was no secret Nazi base in Antarctica either”.
• [Editor’s Rant] This article and its companion article “Humanity Is Likely the Only Intelligent Civilization”, in which Oxford scholars have concluded that the only place in the universe that harbors intelligent life is here on Earth, are glaring examples of how desperate the governmental Deep State and the global elite cabal is to suppress the public’s knowledge.
From discontinuing a model of the Nazi Haunebu to Amazon’s recent decision to not offer Dr Michael Salla’s new book Antarctica’s Hidden History for sale in all of Europe because a small part of a Nazi flag is shown on the book’s cover, even though Dr Salla found many other books sold in Europe with more prominent Nazi swastikas on their cover (see ExoNews article here), to insisting that there is no such thing as extraterrestrial beings, the cabal is going the extra distance to whitewash the true history of the past century. They simply deny the existence of extraterrestrial beings and brand any mention of Nazis as subversive propaganda per se.
The giant multi-national banks and corporations hold sway over smaller companies to do their bidding, while both academia and the media are compelled to propagate the cabal’s decreed historical narrative.
On this July 4th Independence Day let us begin to free ourselves from the cabal’s programming, start thinking for ourselves, and outwardly respect and support those who dare to present an ‘alternative viewpoint’ that just happens to be the truth.
A model of the nonexistent Nazi UFO “Haunebu II” produced by model company Revell will no longer be produced after criticism about its historical inaccuracy. The model’s packaging, which falsely proclaimed the “round aircraft” was the first object able to fly in space with a top speed of 6000 kph (over 3700 mph), failed to mention that the craft was never built, drawing fire from The German Children’s Protection Association (DKSB) and Dresden’s Military History Museum (MHM), according to German publication, The Local.
While Revel produces plenty of models depicting fictional spacecraft and real-life Nazi war machines this crossover product drew criticism because its lack of disclosure that the craft never existed or flew plays into prevalent, ahistorical narratives that overestimate the Nazi’s level of technology and scientific innovations and serve to mythologize the fascist regime.
As Military History Museum historian Jens Wehner told German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung: “At that time it was technologically impossible to build something like this. … Enthusiasts can use this as a strategy to cast doubt on what we know today about National Socialism.”
The true legacy of many of the Nazi’s most ambitious technological projects is not success, but unrestrained excess and abject failure. Look no further than Hitler’s frenzied dreams of the Landkreuzer P.1000 Ratte, a tank so large as to be a land battleship. The project was ultimately a boondoggle, abandoned because its gargantuan size would have rendered it both extremely vulnerable and tactically useless.
Revell, for its part, agrees with the criticism, saying in a statement: “Unfortunately, our product description does not adequately express this and we apologize for it.”
While we’re at it, there was no secret Nazi base in Antarctica either, though the pollution from one of the Nazi’s actually existent battleships still affects Norway to this day.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. ExoNews.org distributes this material for the purpose of news reporting, educational research, comment and criticism, constituting Fair Use under 17 U.S.C § 107. Please contact the Editor at ExoNewswith any copyright issue.
On June 22, a team of scientists from the University of Rhode Island and University of East Anglia announced in a paper published in Nature Communications that they had discovered a new factor in the rapid melting of Antarctica’s Pine Island Glacier – a previously unknown active volcano buried deep under the ice.
When combined with another scientific study released in 2017 by a team of scientists from the University of Edinburgh, which announced the existence of 91 volcanoes buried under West Antarctica’s ice sheets in addition to the 41 previously discovered, a disturbing conclusion is reached. West Antarctica’s ice sheets are being rapidly melted from a vast network of buried volcanoes, which are far more active than scientists previously thought possible.
To date, as many as 138 volcanoes have been identified throughout West Antarctica9, including the presently active Mt. Erebus10 along the Terror Rift, as well as Mt. Siple10 and Mt. Waesche11, which both show evidence of recent activity. However, the locations and extent of volcanic activity along the WARS are debated, because many of these 138 known volcano-like features are buried beneath several kilometers of ice, and some evidence suggests that much of the interior subglacial WARS is dormant.
The assumption that the majority of West Antarctica’s volcanoes are dormant is increasingly being challenged by new scientific discoveries. Telltale signatures of volcanic activity are being found in ocean waters as evidenced from rare isotopes such as Helium-3, which was used by the authors of Pine Island Glacier paper to reach their conclusion.
In addition, heat increases and seismic activity in Antarctica points to large amounts of magma moving deep below the West Antarctic Ice Sheets (WAIS), as the June 22 paper suggested:
The apparent surface deformations in the WAIS thickness also suggest localized heat fluxes that are most likely volcanic due to their intensity14,15, while ash layers from ice cores reveal more recent eruptions16. Last, the detection of earthquakes as recently as 2010 suggest magma migration beneath the Executive Committee mountains, in a region of Marie Byrd Land where seismic studies have revealed thin crust and low-density mantle material beneath.
The discovery of volcanoes beneath the Antarctic ice sheet means that there is an additional source of heat to melt the ice, lubricate its passage toward the sea, and add to the melting from warm ocean waters. It will be important to include this in our efforts to estimate whether the Antarctic ice sheet might become unstable and further increase sea level rise.
While the June 22 paper focused on the impact of the buried volcano melting the Pine Island Glacier, the wider impact of other buried volcanoes on the West Antarctic Ice Sheets (WAIS) was briefly mentioned in the abstract:
Our finding of a substantial volcanic heat source beneath a major WAIS glacier highlights the need to understand subglacial volcanism, its hydrologic interaction with the marine margins, and its potential role in the future stability of the WAIS.
The new findings about the influence of one or more active volcanoes to explain the rapid melting of Pine Island Glacier, along with the temperature increase and melt-offs observed elsewhere in the frozen continent all point to powerful transformative events in West Antarctica.
The following long-term temperature map of Antarctica alongside the newly discovered volcanoes, shows how and why West Antarctic is heating far more rapidly than East Antarctica.
Left image shows temperature increase of Antarctica from 1956-2006 (Credit: NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center Scientific Visualization Studio); right image shows 2017 discovery of 90 new volcanoes in Antarctica.
If global warming due to CO2 emissions was the explanation, then warming oceans would be uniform in heating both East and West Antarctica. Yet most scientific data points to West Antarctica melting.
The June 22 paper, along with other scientific studies provide a cogent explanation for what is really driving the melting of the West Antarctic ice sheets. The submerged volcanoes are more active than previously thought and are melting the ice sheets far more rapidly than scientists believe possible.
If we take the upcoming Solar Cycle 25 (2019 – 2030) as the catalyst for triggering volcanic activity around the Earth through increased solar activity, West Antarctica’s ice sheets could disappear in as little as a decade or so.
There are four major effects that will occur from West Antarctica’s ice sheets disappearing so quickly.
First, ocean levels will rise far more dramatically than previously thought. If all the ice in West Antarctica were to melt, ocean levels would rise by 10 feet (3.3 meters). Rather than humanity having centuries to prepare as estimated by many geologists, it would only have a decade.
Second, whistleblower claims that there are large subterranean bases in Antarctica that belong to multiple secret space programs dating back to World War II will be exposed for all the world to see. It can be predicted that nations and corporations managing such classified programs would not allow themselves to be preempted by geologic events, and accelerate official disclosure initiatives.
Third, ancient artifacts of a flash frozen advanced civilization buried under the Antarctic ice will be revealed confirming rumors and eyewitness accounts of such a discovery going back to the early 1990’s. The technologies and knowledge acquired from such discoveries is likely to provide humanity with rapid scientific revolutions spanning aerospace, health, archeology and even religion.
Finally, the rapid melt-off of West Antarctic ice will impact the centrifugal forces driving Earth’s axis of rotation, thereby leading to a possible Pole Shift as discussed by Charles Hapgood and Albert Einstein in the book, The Earth’s Shifting Crust (1958).
Scientific corroboration of Pine Island Glacier being melted from underneath by volcanic activity should serve as a warning about the profound effect of such a phenomenon repeating itself throughout the entire chain of volcanoes buried deep under West Antarctica, and the powerful implications this holds for the entire planet.